Black psp screen

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Nasedase, Mar 28, 2009.

Mar 28, 2009

Black psp screen by Nasedase at 3:43 AM (907 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Nasedase
    OP

Newcomer Nasedase Advanced Member

United States
    I got a psp from a friend and I turn it on and the screen is black. I hear noises but there is no image. What's wrong with it?
    Also, no it is not bricked the person I got it from doesn't even know what the word emulation means, nor what a ROM even is.

2. Capn_Makeveli

Newcomer Capn_Makeveli Advanced Member

Canada
    Have you tried it with a different battery? Because the PSP uses the info on the battery chip to boot up. Is the noise sounds on the XMB menu, or mechanical from the UMD? Also, have you tried booting it up without the battery with the AC adapter plugged in?

3. Nasedase
    OP

United States

Actually it didn't have a battery in it. I had to order one online. I did try it with just the AC adapter and it did the same thing. There is no UMD in it, I don't have one so I'm pretty sure theyre coming from the XMB menu.

4. Capn_Makeveli

Newcomer Capn_Makeveli Advanced Member

Canada
    Not quite sure. Unless the screen went out totally on it. Other than that, all I can really figure out is maybe the previous battery corrupted it somehow.

Checked a few places, and it could be either the battery that corrupted or the backlight is out on the screen. You could try shining a bright light on the screen to see if there is a faint image. Hope some of this helps you.

5. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    when you turn the psp on tilt the psp downwards so that the screen is partially facing away from you and look to see if the backlight has come on, after you've done this post back with the result

6. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Push the screen brightness button a couple of times (that's the button with the square on it next to the note button). Then if there's no change keep it depressed for a few seconds.

7. Nasedase
    OP

United States

I can see the blackness get brighter as i push the brightness button.

8. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    yeah your screen has come loose but the backlight fits snuggle you just have to push the screen tab back into the motherboard so it fits nicely