Black Ops Wii receiving patch in a week or so

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Treyarch has told Wii players of Call of Duty: Black Ops to expect a patch "within the next week or so" to solve a number of outstanding online issues.

"Wii community," Treyarch's Josh Olin began in a post on the official forum (thanks VG247). "Thank you for helping us to identify the various connectivity issues you have been experiencing.

"We have fixed many of the problems you have reported and are currently testing those fixes in anticipation of releasing an update."

In the meantime, the developer is pointing players to the Activision customer help site for advice on how to overcome connectivity issues. [/p]

icon11.gif
Source

It seems like pretty mundane news but what I'm absolutely shocked by is that they actually care about Wii gamers here. I thought they'd just release it and drop it, not caring about support for it at all. But wow, that's actually pretty cool.

Doesn't stop Activision from being a prickhole, though.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Treyarch do care about their customers

then again i hope this lasts with them

they did address many issues regarding the Ps3 and 360 - nice move on their half to solve the issues for the Wii.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZeroTm said:
SOS-Rens said:
yaywii.gif
Maybe a patch for the forgotten Split screen mode
(probably not -_-)

I doubt it's forgotten, they either ran out of space ob the disk, or the wii is not strong enough. Just like with WaW.
The games 4.32 GB big and SSBB and metroid other M were over 6 GB. And splitscreens difinitely possible, just look at goldeneye for wii.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
I thought that Nintendo didn't allow patches?
This. From the other responses, I thought I had missed some big change in Nintendo's policy. Either the problem is fixable on their end, or I don't know what. I'm very much doubting a real patch.

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
injected11 said:
monkat said:
This. From the other responses, I thought I had missed some big change in Nintendo's policy. Either the problem is fixable on their end, or I don't know what. I'm very much doubting a real patch.

It's Black fucking Ops, the VIDEOGAME THAT SOLD THE BEST. EVER. By one of the the biggest game publisher (also, they got BLIZZARD). Do you really think if they approached Nintendo wanting to apply a patch, they'd say no? I guess the terms of even RELEASING Black Ops for the Wii was both DLC and patch capability.
(Even MS had to allow FF11 to not use non-LIVE based online, which is a BIG thing that they haven't allowed ever since)

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
kitehimuro said:
It's Black fucking Ops, the VIDEOGAME THAT SOLD THE BEST. EVER. By one of the the biggest game publisher (also, they got BLIZZARD). Do you really think if they approached Nintendo wanting to apply a patch, they'd say no? I guess the terms of even RELEASING Black Ops for the Wii was both DLC and patch capability.
(Even MS had to allow FF11 to not use non-LIVE based online, which is a BIG thing that they haven't allowed ever since)
Nintendo bends over backwards to meet your needs.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitehimuro said:
injected11 said:
monkat said:

You do really believe that black ops is an all time best seller?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'm curious to know how the patch is going to be implemented maybe there's a hidden way to apply patches to other games and maybe even make custom patches?!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably in the form of DLC, like the GH(I think 5) patch that was required to play DLC of older GH games.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kitehimuro said:
injected11 said:
monkat said:

Yes, I think they'd say no. Why? Because they've said no to EVERY release that needed a patch, including their own.

Don't care if Activision is one of the biggest publishers. They behave like douchebags and make no attempt to cover it up. I doubt Nintendo would want to be seen making exceptions for only the biggest pricks around.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Super Mario Brothers sold 40.23 million copies.
MW2 sold 4.8 million on PS3, 7.481 on Xbox.

Hell, the top 6 selling games for the Wii beat out those combined sales figures, and MW2 remains the top seller on both consoles.

We have little in the way of sales data for Black Ops. Stop running your mouth, kitehimuro and go play some real games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.