Black home screen after installing theme via CHMM2

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Erik500002, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Erik500002
    OP

Erik500002 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2009
    United States
    Hey guys, not sure if anyone can help me out. Tried searching through the forums but couldn't find anyone with this same issue. I had never had any problems installing themes with CHMM but tonight I decided to switch it out and for some reason my home menu is corrupt and every time I boot all I see is a black screen. If I press the power button I do see the sleep mode and touch to turn off, but if I hit the home button to head back to the home menu, I get back to the same thing, a black screen. I have cakesfw installed yet I'm a total noob and don't really know how to get it back and running. Any help is really appreciated I was running firmware 11.0.0-33 and this is a N3DS

2. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Were you running on emuNAND or sysNAND?

3. Arceus922

Arceus922 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2015
    Greece
    Basically just delete all theme files, (delete the folder 000000008f in the /Nintnendo3ds/***/) and reinstall themehax (if you accitentally deleted it in the process) (you should have 2 folders in *** position just open the bigger one because its 99% emunand's)
    And one more small question, are your nands linked???

Erik500002 likes this.
  4. KaduPSE

KaduPSE Revolution and cake

Dec 26, 2015
    Brazil
    Remove your SD card, the console will boot to Sysnand, insert the card and change your theme. Now you'll need to reinstall Menuhax to boot your Emunand again. Next time, run CHMM from a .cia installed to Emunand, not from the Homebrew Launcher.

5. Erik500002
    OP

Erik500002 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2009
    United States
    Worked like a charm Arceus922, I have CakesFW installed as a RedNAND I think that is what it is called. Anyway I deleted the 000000008f folder and the home menu was recreated. I assume the reason I got a corrupted home screen was because I had some badges placed and I'm guessing they don't play well when it comes to CHMM2.