Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Glad you solved it! Always a horrible feeling when you think it's ruined

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And doesn't hurt to have a usb C cable around just in case, they're pretty cheap

Reactions: BlastedGuy9905

totorot0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wow! Thanks HSG82 for sharing your experience and to json for the right tip.

The exact same thing happened to one of my Switch yesterday when my kid was playing. It was docked as well and it had AutoRCM installed from the Xecuter OS. According to my kid, some message showed up and then the console went black. When I got home last night, I thought it was a freeze so I hold the power button for 12+ seconds but nothing happened. Plugged the dongle and no green light came up so I though the Switch was dry. Plugged it in and no lights, so it was no charging... I truly though it was fried.

I'll unplug the battery and plug in it back but I wonder if this is enough... shouldn't charging the dongle with a cable first and then plugin it to the Switch be a better solution? I'm also new to this Switch modding scene so be patience with me ^_^

Do you guys recommend to uninstall AutoRCM?

Last edited by totorot0,

totorot0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If I charge it through the cable that was included yes but not if I plug it on the Switch, even if the console has been on the dock all day. Not sure if it can even charge because no light comes up form the Switch.

I have a second not modded Switch that can be used to charge the first one if things go south but that would be my last resort. I would like to try something else if possible.

I already tried to use the dongle (charged) and jig, pressing + and power for a while and nothing happens. Should I just open the Switch to unplug and plug the battery cable?

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Reading all this troubles about the dongle, having an usb-c cable and an android device by hand (or pc with usb3 or mac/linux) to have a second way to send the payload could really help to exclude the sx dongle as a potential source of error.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a error code playing Donkey Kong Country. Thought no big deal. Got them before even without the SXC homebrew.

Powered off. Won't power on now. Tried everything. No SD card, SD card, dongle, no dongle. AC adapter no ac adapter. Power with + & - It's 100% charged i was on a nintendo docking station playing.

Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated!

Do you know how to get into rcm and send payload ??? if you do let us know if you can get into hekate bootloader

Mikuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
So what do we have here? 2 persons that turned on AutoRCM and don't know how to use it at all. I know it's a bit toxic but come on, why the heck you use things that you clearly do not understand? Why you didn't even read what is AutoRCM and how to turn on your console after reboot?

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So what do we have here? 2 persons that turned on AutoRCM and don't know how to use it at all. I know it's a bit toxic but come on, why the heck you use things that you clearly do not understand? Why you didn't even read what is AutoRCM and how to turn on your console on after reboot?

That´s why WE are here at gbatemp and these things are happening with every new console generation thats getting hacked, after all gba isn´t an invite only expert forum ;)

Maybe a stickied post with the most common errors and solutions would be handy?

totorot0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So what do we have here? 2 persons that turned on AutoRCM and don't know how to use it at all. I know it's a bit toxic but come on, why the heck you use things that you clearly do not understand? Why you didn't even read what is AutoRCM and how to turn on your console after reboot?

You clearly didn't read our problem.

Some of us have families and jobs. I work 12 hours a day and my kid is the one using the Switch. I don't have time to read all the details related to hacking the Switch, that's why I ended up buying the Xecuter Pro and wanted to be done with it as fast as possible. The tutorial I followed recommended to turn the AutoRCM on, so I did. Never I heard or read about not been able to turn on the console after loosing all the power from the battery if AutoRCM was on. Lesson learned, not thanks to you.

Anyways, I unplugged the battery and could boot up without a hitch afterwards. The Switch had 95% battery. Thanks guys!

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just had the same problem, was playing Diablo and the Switch went black, computer wouldn't recognize it in rcm mode
Had to disconnect the battery then it was fine.

Last edited by M7L7NK7,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==