Hacking Black Brick? Help Please

RgCz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys got a case, my wii has a black screen brick, i have boot2 or bootmii installed, no i didnt backed up my nand, i cant access neither system menu nor homebrew channel but i can access boot mii, i didnt downgrade, update nor install wads, plaese help no one could help me so far, btw nand usage says 3.3%.

Please help guys, im researching about this in several sites, but hope i can find it here... if you find something about this please send me a pm or reply here thanks guys hope i can repair my wii

D

Deleted-171178

try accessing homebrew channel?
If not, run titlelister? (does bootmii have a .elf launcher?)

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BootMii boots up but you cant get in HomeBrew Channel that's terribly odd.
This might be one of the cases that a Nand back up is the only way to restore the System Menu.

If you did nothing to get this brick it must be some kind of hard ware failure..?

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a .elf loader in bootmii (third option).

Run anyregionchanger through there and reinstall your system menu.

How did this brick occur? Installing cioscorp? Preloader? A wad?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lol, you can launch linux with that, but that's nearly it.

Get cBoot2, get the files you need on sd card from somebody, you obviously can't use the installer. With cBoot2 try to boot the included WAD Manager. If that works, install IOS36 and IOS61 one of both should be the used one by your HBC, and IOS36 is required for most homebrew anyways. Then install the system menu IOS and system menu, best 3.2. And then do an online update to get the missing rest. Well that's all in case you lost your stuff somehow.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Your getting a Black screen on boot hmm Well if you didn't install\remove anything, and if it happened all at once,

i'd say either your Bluetooth module or Wifi Module has went bad, if you can turn on your Wii with your Wiimote than its not your Bluetooth. but the nand usage 3.3% does got me alittle puzzled??? if wiipowers post above doesn't work than start looking into this post hope this helps
smile.gif

edit: and both are easy to fix.

RgCz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alexrose said:
There is a .elf loader in bootmii (third option).

Run anyregionchanger through there and reinstall your system menu.

How did this brick occur? Installing cioscorp? Preloader? A wad?

I didn't installed any of that, i tried preloader but after getting the black screen, like 2 days after...

and how do i use that elf loader?

RgCz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oxMUDxo said:
This might be one of the cases that a Nand back up is the only way to restore the System Menu.

If you did nothing to get this brick it must be some kind of hard ware failure..?

I know, all the people that i read about black bricks, can indeed access the homebrew channel or just nothing because they didnt had bootmii... Is all this weird i didnt do anything bad, and bum both things were shut...

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
RgCz said:
oxMUDxo said:

I know, all the people that i read about black bricks, can indeed access the homebrew channel or just nothing because they didnt had bootmii... Is all this weird i didnt do anything bad, and bum both things were shut...

like i said in my previous post A bad bluetooth module or wifi module can cause all your problems when one of them goes bad the only thing that will work is bootmii if its installed. i think its your bluetooth module myself

Bluetooth Module
http://www.depot888.com/bluetooth-module-r...arts-p-735.html

RgCz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like i said in my previous post A bad bluetooth module or wifi module can cause all your problems when one of them goes bad the only thing that will work is bootmii if its installed. i think its your bluetooth module myself

Bluetooth Module
http://www.depot888.com/bluetooth-module-r...arts-p-735.html
[/quote]

I dont think that's it because i can turn on my wii with mah wii remote...

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
BlackAce83 said:
did you try what WiiPower said with cboot2?, yea if your wiimote works, than its defiantly not your bluetooth

I would class what WiiPower said as law! This is the dude who brought us neogamma!

Dont knock good reply's such as his! But obviously dont cry to him if you accidentaly f'up (human error mistake.) Any mod to your wii is risky'ish as anyone will tell you but you got the best advice from Wiipower...If you choose to take his advice you will know it's coming from a good source!!!!

Be lucky!!!

Fingers crossed for you!!

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto