Black 3DSXL

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by AngryGeek416, Aug 10, 2013.

1. AngryGeek416
    OP

AngryGeek416 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    Who's getting one? Comes out tomorrow august 10th in NA

2. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    It won't be 4.5.x

3. Onslawt

Onslawt Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2013
    United States
    There's a possibility it could be... it might just be the same internal components just with a different shell... I am going to try getting one at Best Buy and checking out the version, if it is higher then 4.5 I'll just return it...

4. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Don't get it at Best Buy. It's gonna be on sale at Target for $175 with the rest of the XL's.

Also, be sure to let us know the firmware when you guys get one. I would have gotten a black XL at Target, but I ended up buying a red XL a few days ago... ):

5. AngryGeek416
    OP

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    are you sure this deal is for north american targets?

6. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
  7. Nusdogg

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Damn. Oh well. I got a black aluminum case over my blue XL and makes it look black. Loving it.

8. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009

It's highly doubtful. Animal Crossing 3DS XL came with 5.1 firmware, and that was released around a month or two ago.

9. AngryGeek416
    OP

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    i just bought one at Walmart with Mario & Luigi - Dream Team, the console comes on 5.1 just incase anyone is wondering. The black is soo sleeek much better then the Red and Blue looks professional not like a toy even tho it is lol

10. Nusdogg

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Weird how I have not seen any Mario & Luigi - Dream Team yet in store here in the U.S? Maybe just the one that I'm at that haven't stock any?

11. AngryGeek416
    OP

Nov 17, 2012
    Argentina
    I don't know that is weird, Walmart actually had like a deal i got a black 3DSXL and a $25 gift card which i just used on Mario & Luigi - Dream Team so it ended up being like $14 bucks

12. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    Mine came w/ 5.1.0U, for those wanting to know.

That's not the worst thing in the world for me I guess... I was trying to decide which 3DS (my "regular" 3DS or the XL I was about to buy) I would keep on 4.5 and which I would keep up to date but Nintendo made that decision for me. So I guess I'll be updating the XL to 6.X.X and my ambassador unit will stay at 4.5 until an exploit for higher version FW is found.

Looking forward to trying out the relay spot pass Nintendo Zone spoofing, it's only feature beyond 4.5 so far that's made me want to update.

13. Nusdogg

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    But have you ever thought about gettingn Gateway 3DS cart? Upgrading it won't allow Gateway to work anymore.

14. PROTOBOY

PROTOBOY GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2011
    Canada
  15. KidIce

KidIce Smart Ass

Dec 22, 2005
    United States
    The whole point of me buying a second unit was to leave one at "hackable" firmware while keeping the other one up to date. The XL came w/ v5 firmware, it is already beyond the point of the GW working in the GW's current state. Not to suggest that the GW team can't update it to work on v5+ firmwares, but it made the decision about which unit to up date and which to keep at 4.5 a whole lot easier. Should I buy a GW or someone else releases a hack for 4.5 I'll still be able to use it, and in fact it's probably better that it's on my non-XL 3DS as it's more portable and the one I'm more likely to pick up and put in my pocket when I go some where... The XL doesn't fit well in the breast pocket of my Scottevest. :-/