Gaming Bittorrent Help: How do you run games?

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded my first torrent yesterday (Portal) and it's at 100% but I don't know how to run it! I've only downloaded Bittorrent yesterday and I'm new to this but I don't know how to use it. Can someone help me or at least show me a thread that will help me? Thank you in advance. Don't flame me because I did search for it but I didn't find anything.

sorry that I messed up on the heading but I was in a hurry.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, how about tell us what the file is... because there are about a trillion file extensions out there, and if we have to guess each one, Portal 5 will be out before we get to help you.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any standalone for pretty much any Steam games are annoying, because they share the same engine. For example, Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, and Team Fortress 2 all use Source Engine 2007, but if you download them individually, it will take up a lot more disc space then if you installed with Steam.

But yea, we need to know the file extension.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had to torrent Portal twice, and both times all I had to do was run "hl2"
Torrented Portal seemed to run verrrry slow so I just bought it. Brilliant game anyhow, and cheap, so I'm glad I did buy it.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but remember, I'm a total n00b at this so I might not give you the best info.

I think it's a .bat or something. Does that help?
I tryed h12 but it didn't work. Maybe I did something wrong? I'll try it again and see if it works.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it dosn't work. it's just says "Setup 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'h12' Check your -game parameter or VCONFIG setting" So what now?
Maybe I will buy it. But I don't want to give Wal-mart my money cus they ripped me off a few times.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Licardo7 said:
Maybe I will buy it. But I don't want to give Wal-mart my money cus they ripped me off a few times.
you can buy the game through steam and if you aren't able to purchase things online (ie no credit card, live w/ parent, or by court orders) believe me, Wal-Mart will get very little money for selling you one game

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? Then why do the people that comment on it say it worked for them and that it worked fine. What could have happened?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person