Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Bitsweeper

Did you say minesweeper ?

From developer Heriberto Delgado, here's minesweeper in DS flavor.

BitfieldSample.PNG

Heriberto Delgado said:

Bits are everywhere!

Bits, these dangerous things planted on bitfields all around the world, are a menace for everyone, exploding and killing anyone who just happens to step on them. They must be eradicated once and for all!
v

You are the Bitsweeper, explosives hunter extraordinaire. Your mission, although simple, is very dangerous: locate and deactivate all the missing bits on bitfields before they hurt anyone else.

Good luck on your mission!

Gameplay:

Gameplay

You will be presented with a clean, unchecked bitfield, where bits are planted. You don't know their location; you must infer it through visual cues that appear on the field.

The first step is always the most dangerous. You will never know if, right there, on the first spot you check, there is a bit just waiting to explode! If it isn't, your specialized tools will aid you in locating the bits by showing you, on each uncovered spot, a number identifying the number of bits on all spots around you.

This is your only clue. You must use your brain to identify where all the bits are located. Optionally, you can put a flag on each spot that you deduce there is a bit, or mark with a ? (question sign) the places where you're not (yet) sure if there's one.

download.gif
Bitsweeper

icon11.gif
Homepage

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance of a link to the developer's site, original forum thread he submitted it in or wherever you guys got it? I'd like to see what else he's done, but google can't find it.
frown.gif

[Edit] Wow that was quick! Thanks
smile.gif

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err... in minesweeper the first click is NEVER a bomb. It re-randomizes the field depending on where you click first. Would be kinda silly to have the first choice blow you up in this little game
tongue.gif

stonefry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Err... in minesweeper the first click is NEVER a bomb. It re-randomizes the field depending on where you click first. Would be kinda silly to have the first choice blow you up in this little game
tongue.gif

Not true. In Expert mode, my first click has been a bomb multiple times.
In expert mode, there are 99 bombs and 480 spaces. Lets round that to 1 bomb every 5 spaces. I just tried 120 times to get a bomb on the 1st click and never did. Either I am extremely lucky, or you are wrong.

-stonefry

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could swear I've clicked a mine the first click in minesweeper, but when I test it now, it won't happen.

I'm thinking they may have changed it for the winXP version, because it was a really long time ago when I used to play that game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1