OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
gambingsearch530.jpg

Microsoft recently launched a tempting partner program for its Bing search engine. By installing the Bing toolbar (which appears to only be compatible with Windows rigs running Internet Explorer) and using it to search or taking part in daily promotions, you can earn Reward points. Notably, this form of fake currency can be easily exchanged for another: Microsoft Points.

The program allows you to trade in Reward points for Microsoft Points in 100-point denominations -- though it's unclear how quickly one can accumulate these points. We do know that installing the Bing toolbar earns you 250 points from the get-go, of which 200 can immediately be exchanged for $2.50 worth of Xbox bucks. So what's the catch? There doesn't appear to be one.[/p]

Source: Joystiq

Note: US only.

void03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't stop thinking that this is what bing means.

BING = Because It's Not Google

Lol, only for US residents.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just linked it to my Windows Live Address which is linked to my Gamertag and completed all possible offers and maxed out my points for the day at 300. Just exchanged 100 Bing points for 100 Microsoft Points, 3 times.

The offers are ridiculously easy, some are just related to a historical event, like the Emancipation Proclamation which was issued earlier this week, in the past. Its a current offer and you get 6 points just by clicking on a link that takes you to a Bing Image search of it. There are a handful of offers like that, and an ongoing one that expires October 2nd which allows you to earn 1 bing point for every 2 searches on bing, up to a max of 20 points a day (40 searches).

In total, I completed all the available offers for today in a matter of minutes, and after the 250 bing points sign-up bonus, I maxed out at 300 points.

It asked for my shipping address and told me it would send me email confirmation after I redeemed. So I'm still waiting for the e-mails, and I hope they don't snail mail me the points...
unsure.gif

EDIT: Also, I couldn't install it with Firefox, it said it needed to be initiated with Internet Explorer. So even though I initiated and installed with IE, when I opened Firefox again, to my surprise, the toolbar was THERE, in Firefox. I mean its a bit ugly but it'll do for now. But I also noticed the toolbar made Firefox slow down and lock up A LOT in the past few minutes, even made it crash once (I think it happens mostly when I open a new tab or load a new website in a fresh tab). Not sure if it plays nice with Firefox right now...
closedeyes.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered 2 100 Microsoft Points Cards. BTW: It would seem that they would just add it to your Windows Live email account? Instead of mailing out the cards? xD

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
But I also noticed the toolbar made Firefox slow down and lock up A LOT in the past few minutes, even made it crash once (I think it happens mostly when I open a new tab or load a new website in a fresh tab). Not sure if it plays nice with Firefox right now...
closedeyes.gif
Yup, it was the toolbar, alright. As soon as I maxed out my points for the day, I signed out of the toolbar (lolwut), went to View -> Toolbars and disabled that shit. Haha, fuck you Bing... fuck you.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Microsoft is bribing people to use Bing? The bribe would have to be exponentially higher to get me to use internet explorer.

GutsMan.EXE

Trophies
XP
Country
zeromac said:
Sweet
biggrin.gif

Oh wait USA only..
Fuck it I'll just proxy
Lol you can go ahead a rack up points and do whatever you want without a USA proxy it's just that shipping is to USA only because they ship all they're rewards even the MS points.

Btw i installed this and you can install in on Firefox fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters