Gaming Big question!

noammax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be getting a pandora battery to hack my psp very soon so I have been reading TONS of tutorials on
how to hack (put custom firm. on) your psp. The best one I read was the one at blastprocessing When I came across something that I was very curios About.
It says: ''Insert the spare memory stick that you’re using to be your Pandora/Unbricker memory stick into your PSP.''
Spare??? Do I need a spare memory stick to hack my psp or is this just referring to the same memory stick that I would use for putting on games?

Please answer quick! I wanna hack it already!
wacko.gif

skyman113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the same memory stick you will use for your games. Some people will keep a "spare" as a magic memory stick probably because alot of people use the PSP as the way of writing files to their PSP. So if your PSP is bricked, you have to go find another way of getting the DC files.

noammax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! That was fast, Thanks! I was editing my post and when I was done there was already a reaply!
Also how many average sized games do you think would fit on a 4gb card

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
noammax said:
Wow! That was fast, Thanks! I was editing my post and when I was done there was already a reaply!
Also how many average sized games do you think would fit on a 4gb card

I think I had about 5 on my 4GB, but only one was over a gigabyte.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
noammax said:
So basically 4/5 of the games sucked
rolleyes.gif

Not really. I had Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G on there (just under a gigabyte iirc), Crisis Core, Patapon, Disgaea and some other things. It was probably more like 6 or 7 come to think of it. A game doesn't have to be a certain size to be good. Space Invaders Extreme is just about 60MB, and it's fun as hell.

noammax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah, I guess it doesnt HAVE to be big.
shy.gif

But Crisis Core is under 1gb??? I thought that game is, like huge!
Do u mean before or after it compressed?

Okay, here is an even bigger question! I was watching a youtube tutorial and it said that very new slims have an unhackable motherboard.
The video was posted on august 21 2008. I got my piano black stand alone psp slim in November 2008.
Will this be a problem?

noammax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noooooooooooo..... Oh and sorry about the double post. Can I determine whether its unhackble or not? If so, how?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The sticky topics have discussed about it, please consult it, it's the PSP FAQs topic

by the way, PPS games are not all that big, Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core sure take 1Gb worth of space, but Harvest Moon Boy and Girls takes only 100MB, the average number of games you can put in a 4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo is at least 4, with 3 1GB games and 1 700MB game, however should you chose to play light games like Taiko no tatsujin, Harvest Moon, and the like, you can have up to 12 games in your PSP

noammax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I read the FAQ. It seems like I might not be able to hack my psp (in which case we go to plan 2:
nds.gif
)
I just need to know: What does the ''new box style (for the piano black) look like''. Is it the one that shows a picture of the movie 'open season' on it?
Thats the one I have. Also, if Icant hack it myself, is there another option like getting someone to mod it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning