Big calibration problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Ben_j, Oct 20, 2009.

Oct 20, 2009

Big calibration problem by Ben_j at 9:41 PM (729 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Ben_j
    OP

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    I own a DS fat, and it's got some kinds of problems of calibration.
    It seems that when I press, it clicks slightly on the left of where I pressed. The difference seems bigger on the middle of the screen. I tried to re-calibrate the screen but it changes nothing. Help ?

I'm not having this problem in Pictochat, and I don't think I have it when I play an original game either. Only when I play a game with the flashcart

2. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

United States
    If you can, try a different flashcart.. may be a compatibility problem (I had that with Action Replay DS and EDGE on my DS lite)

Which flashcart are you using?

3. RVD420

Newcomer RVD420 Member

United States
    Try replacing the screen protector.

If that doesn't help try a replacement touch screen.

4. Ben_j
    OP

Member Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    I don't have a screen protector. I'm using a DSTT with Moonshell 2 and YSMenu. I tried a few games, seems to be working better with some games. But on Korg DS-10, in the sequencer, I keep on activating the step before the one I clicked.

5. BlackDave

Member BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

United States
    If you say that some games work better than others then it's your DS compatibility with the flashcart.

I remember i received a fresh new Nintendo DS lite after sending it to Nintendo for reparation and I had many problems using my action replay, Datel GnM and EDGE (I remember Mario Party DS was one of those problems).

It's out of the subject (you own a phat) but when Sony came out with the PSP 2000 (slim) it was hackable trough pandora and magic memory stikk. But the newest version of the 2000 version were improved so that it would be more difficult to hack.

I guess Nintendo did the same thing with the DS lite...the newer the DS lite the more resistant it will be against flashcarts.

DSTT aren't that great for flashcarts. You should try Acekard2i or M3i Zero