Big Ben 64 mb black memory card problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Justinde75, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Justinde75
    OP

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    I had this mc for quite a long time and everything worked but now all my saves are gone and the card says it needs to be formatted every time i start up the wii and look at the files that are on my mcs. I loaded Wii/Gamecube Memory Manager and it says when i try to access it or format it: CardMount - -2 Wrong device in slot.
    Is the Mc broken? Or is there any way to fix it?

2. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Are you able to do a raw dump using GCMM?

3. Justinde75
    OP

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    Do you mean Raw Backup or Raw Restore?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I tried to make a Raw backup and it worked but i cant Raw Restore the card it says that the Card and image flash ID dont match

Last edited by Justinde75, Mar 21, 2016
  4. GerbilSoft

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    I'd recommend not using that card anymore, since it seems like something's damaged.

Since you have a raw backup, try using my GCN MemCard Recover program to see if you can recover any GCI files: http://gerbilsoft.soniccenter.org/gc-tools/mcrecover/v0.2.1/mcrecover_0.2.1-win32.zip

If there's any files it isn't picking up, you can send me a copy of the raw backup (compressed in ZIP format) and I'll take a closer look.

I'd also recommend using Nintendont's memory card emulation feature, since that's much more reliable than third-party cards, and it allows for virtually unlimited storage.

5. Justinde75
    OP

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    Well i use Dios Mios for Gamecube games and i havent tried it yet. Is it better than Dios Mios?

6. GerbilSoft

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    It's significantly better than Dios Mios. Among other things, it runs in Wii mode, so it runs at the Wii's CPU speed of 729 MHz versus 485 MHz for GameCube. It also supports audio streaming, memory card emulation, Bluetooth controllers (e.g. classic controller and Wii U pro controller), and others.

7. Justinde75
    OP

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    But its as simple to use as dios mios and i dont have to compress my games again right?

8. GerbilSoft

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    You don't have to recompress the games (the same DiscEx tool is used for both), and Nintendont is fairly easy to use.

Check out the github page: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/

Justinde75 likes this.
  9. Justinde75
    OP

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    Ok thanks for the help! :D
    One last question. Am i able to transfer my files from my memory card to the emulated memory card?

10. GerbilSoft

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Once you extract the files from the raw image using GCN MemCard Recover, you can import them into a new image using the Dolphin emulator. I'm planning on eventually adding support for importing images in GCN MemCard Recover directly, but this has been on hold for a while.

11. Justinde75
    OP

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    Seems complicated haha x.x cant i have an emulated mc on slot a and a not emulated on slot b?

12. GerbilSoft

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Nintendont doesn't currently support using both emulated and non-emulated at the same time. If you'd like, you can send me the raw image and I'll convert them to multiple .raw files in the format Nintendont expects. (I probably can't do this until sometime tonight though [EDT]).

13. Justinde75
    OP

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    Its okay, i already replayed all the games so no need for restoring the files, i just wanted to use it since its alot more compact to use 1 big mc than 2 small mcs and a backup/recover tool