Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still coming

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Feb 26, 2013.

Feb 26, 2013
  1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Cult hit Beyond Good & Evil had a sequel announced many, many years ago, although the game has barely been hitting the scene. However, Ubisoft head honcho Yves Guillemot has assured us that "It's coming."

The game has had an official teaser as well as leaked, in-engine footage showing what lies in store for Pey'j and Jade, and the game had been in active development for a while before being put on hold for Rayman Origins. Recently, Ubisoft also said it may need a "new generation of consoles", with the recently released Wii U on the market now and the Playstation 4 just announced last week.

This all comes off rumors of Michael Ancel, one of the major developers for Ubisoft, quitting the company after a fiasco with the delay of the upcoming Rayman Legends to make it go multiplatform. However, these rumors were denied by Ubisoft France.

:arrow: Source

2. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Beyond Good And Evil Forever.

Watch my interest wane as the odds of the sequel ever recapturing the atmosphere and charm of the original dwindle ever further with each passing year.

Gahars likes this.
  3. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    If we can get a game half as good as the original, that will stilll be Beyond Good in my book.

4. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    Sequels are never as good to the original players. Give up now

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Now I am not saying all sequels live up to their previous works but I have countless examples of films, books, TV shows, games........ having sequels (be they spiritual or otherwise) that take what the original did and run with it. Now I sense this is probably another candidate for my legendary games you have not played list in my case (if it was not already on there) so I am unable to go anything here.

Gahars likes this.
  6. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    What I mean is that all of the stupid nostalgia people will hate on anything new blindly.

7. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    I wish I was still cuming.

8. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    I have to say it - Beyond Good and Evil was OK, but not amazing, and as such even if this does get released the hype train will just destroy it. So many people haven't played it, but read about how great it was and are sure to be let down.

Depravo likes this.
  9. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    I highly enjoyed the first game, as it combined so many things into one game. races, action combat, photos, careful platform sequences. and it combined them good.
    the story was meh, but not terrible. characters were weird but funny. if they could make another game like it, yay. but I don't expect it to be like that anymore. it'll probably suck.
    like you know how crash bandicoot was awesome back then? and now it isn't. It's going to be just like that and they will somehow add dlc to it anyway. ondisk dlc. heed my words, that's the future

10. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    It's a famous game and I guess it's needed in this age where games seem to become more graphical than classical.

11. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    "Famous" for the wrong reasons....it's well known because not that many people played it (in relative terms). Just taking the PS2 platform as an example, BG&E is NOT up there as one of the première 3D adventure titles unless short, relatively simple and easy is what you look for.

Heck, don't get me wrong, i enjoyed it when i played it, but i'm a victim of expecting too much from it when i did experience it. From the looks of it the expectations are being magnified for a sequel and in my view the initial game wasn't the masterpiece that everyone claims. Psychonauts was superior, and even that i had quite a few problems with.

Just get Insomniac to conjure up a new Ratchet & Clank, and personally i'd be partial to a new Jak & Daxter (Sly Cooper not so much)

12. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    It's better than some games seen in this age and it's more of a legendary/classic game than an awesome game

13. narutofan777

Member narutofan777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Afghanistan
    this game needs to come out