Beware Broken Jap N3DS are shipping

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Food, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Food
    OP

Food Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    i had bought 2 N3DS from play-asia 1 LL 1 reg , both worked fine untill about 3days in the small one i had bought broke out of no where turns on but nothing works touch screen , buttons , etc though when i pull out the battery at times it works for about 1 - 2 mins then just freezes , i've read that this is some sort of factory defect has anyone had this problem ? below is a link to a video that shows what i'm talking about.
    HTML:
    http://tinypic.com/r/2re2v02/8

2. Shanester

Shanester GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2010
    United States
    U.S.A.
    Ouch that sucks. See if they have a return policy for broken items and ask for a refund if you can.
    Also, try seeing if there's dust in the edges/corners of the touchscreen. Take a dry toothbrush and carefully try to remove the dust from the bottom screen. See if that works.

SmileCitrus likes this.
  3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Demand a refund, no way they can get away with not replacing or refunding you.

SmileCitrus and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  4. indask8

indask8 New Member Forever

Apr 19, 2007
    France
    Look at the Flag...
    Do you have a screen protector on your touch screen? if yes remove it and try again.

I had the same issue with my original 3DS, turn out it was the screen protector that went under the corner of the touch screen and kept pressing one point of it.

Very easy to reproduce this bug: just use your pen to hold press on one unused area of the screen and try to press any buttons, none will work.

SmileCitrus and piratesephiroth like this.
  5. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    Came here to say this, a dude i know had the exact same issue and he thought his 3ds was broken, when he was shipping it back he removed the screen protector and it started working again.

6. Food
    OP

Food Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    i don't have a screen protector on this one oddly enough i have a screen protector on my LL and it works fine with no problems . i already spoke to customer support and they said they will look into it

7. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    hes using the physical buttons and its not working lol, i PUT a screen protector on mine and it works fine..... it doesnt ship with a screen protector on anyway.

8. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    Try doing what user indask8 said.
    Pressing any button while the screen is being touched won't move the cursor on the 3DS.

9. BobPwnz

BobPwnz GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2014
    United States
    That sucks. You should try getting a refund.

10. Food
    OP

Food Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    tried everything doesnt seem to want to work anymore

11. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i mean, it's not unheard of for products to have faults/come dead on arrival etc, i don't think you need to 'warn' people about it...
    sure it's not nice when it happens to you but, well, good luck, i hope you get a refund/replacement

12. pikanag

pikanag GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    i got lucky. i bought a n3ds ll smash edition from nippon yasan and it works fine

13. Food
    OP

Food Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    how long does it take for nin nin to ship? i heard there shipping is slow

14. pikanag

pikanag GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    well since i live in cali, i bought the fedex priority shipping which is 17$. it came to my house in 1 week (ordered monday, receive next monday)

Food likes this.