Homebrew Beup Live 0.7

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Having problems with the Keyboard for some reason, i get the odd looking one that is on gbatemp's frontpage, and i can't use smileys, clicking the smiley icon, does nothing.

My friend got beup 0.7 from me (so we use the exact same files) but he has a "fake" r4.

And for some reason he gets the keyboard that comes with the download, if you open the image file in the folder you'll see how it should look, and he gets that.

Anyone know why this happens? can i open the config files or something, and change it?

HtheB

OP
Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zane said:
Having problems with the Keyboard for some reason, i get the odd looking one that is on gbatemp's frontpage, and i can't use smileys, clicking the smiley icon, does nothing.

My friend got beup 0.7 from me (so we use the exact same files) but he has a "fake" r4.

And for some reason he gets the keyboard that comes with the download, if you open the image file in the folder you'll see how it should look, and he gets that.

Anyone know why this happens? can i open the config files or something, and change it?
I think you didn't put the BEUP folder in the root of your card.

bollocks said:
QUOTE(shado blackstar @ Dec 24 2009, 08:34 PM) Does it still log everything to a website, or was that removed?
did it ever? o_o
No, it never did. I think he confuses with some other app?

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HtheB said:
Zane said:

I think you didn't put the BEUP folder in the root of your card.

bollocks said:
QUOTE(shado blackstar @ Dec 24 2009, 08:34 PM) Does it still log everything to a website, or was that removed?
did it ever? o_o
No, it never did. I think he confuses with some other app?

Oh yeah! That's it! I put in it's own folder, but i never did a folder for my friend.
biggrin.gif
Thanks, should've thought of that.

A

A7mag3ddon

Doesnt work for me, says using firmware wifi settings even if you set custom settings. Ive used WIFI Config from BeUP original website and that connects ok..

Shame the original programmer stopped :-(

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
Working fine for me.

With homebrew it's best to use the firmware WiFi settings (do not hide your WiFi's SSID and give your DS a fixed IP if you connect but have problems with Beup sticking at handshake)

A

A7mag3ddon

When i give it a perm IP and enter router Gateway it says " Using Firmware Settings " connecting... so its not using my custom settings.

I remember trying this program when it was first released and it did work ok, something other than the protocol must have been changed with .07 perhaps?

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
Try settings the fixed IP, router gateways and DNS servers using a retail game (mario cart etc). If you use slot one in the WiFi set up all your games and Homebrew will automaticly use these settings to connect.

Lots has changed since Beup was first released in May 2006.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ChuckMcB said:
Working fine for me.

With homebrew it's best to use the firmware WiFi settings (do not hide your WiFi's SSID and give your DS a fixed IP if you connect but have problems with Beup sticking at handshake)

I set an fixed IP with Mario Kart and tried the beup help which is plus 10 to the last number.but it still stuck at the handshake. Wonder what problem is that? and will DNS cause the problem too? Because I always use public connection,so I dun know the DNS so I just simply type some number inside.
Any recommended DNS?

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
HtheB said:
Beup Live 0.7 Released!

Changelog:
- Fixed: You can login again with Beup Live.
(No more "Connection to notification server has died." error)
- Changed from MSNP9 to MSNP8.

Download it at the official Beup Live website:
http://beup.supercard.fr
Have fun chatting!

Thanks to .:Mik:. for his help on this release
-HtheB
Good job
laugh.gif

FulgoreSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering this is a thread about Beup Live I have a question.

Is there any possible way of adding emoticons to this by yourself? I tried adding it to the config area but I definitely have no clue about the inco file. Anyone want to fill me in?
frown.gif

The most I can do is make the emote show on mine but my friends cant see apparently. Will it show if its showing for me if they have seen the emote from me when im on my computer MSN?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: brb