Hacking Better flashcards in the future?

Laserman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey guys,

You seem to place that knows most about these things so I'll just ask here. My buddy is planning on getting a new 3DS and is interested in flashcards, however when we went over the options, Gateway and clones seemed to be out of the choice due to needing specific versions. When I showed him the Sky3DS card, he said the system was weird and he said he'd just wait for better flashcards.

However, I don't see the point in waiting with buying a flashcard, as every game you buy before the flashcard is sort of a waste of money(other than supporting devs ofcourse). I also don't see a new method/exploit being found anytime soon that'll give way to new and better flashcards, especially with so many competition.

Do you think the chances of a new method/exploit being found and turned into a flashcard are reasonable in foreseeable future, or do you think these are all the flashcards we'll get?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Nobody can say for sure, but I just want flash card manufacturers to start using a higher-grade plastic, closer to the retail cart look and feel. And possibly start using smaller Actel ProASIC 3 chips, so they don't protrude from the case, requiring a sticker to cover them up...

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
Hang on, my crystal ball is a bit foggy...

No one knows anything about what the future could hold in exploits, or products. Also who knows how long Gateway will be usable, it's all 3rd party products and code.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Regarding the prospects for the future, your guess is as good as ours. Most if not all of us here were not expecting GW's appearance. Nor were we for Sky. On the flip side, there were cards that were announced but never released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi