Bethesda changes lawyers again

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Nujui, Feb 3, 2011.

Feb 3, 2011
  1. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States

Bethesda is displeased with their law firm with the battle for the rights to Fallout Online and the whole Fallout Franchise against Interplay. So they have decided to change it again now that the court has rejected to dismiss Interplay's counter claim. Here's what the latest court filings had to say.

"The Clerk will please withdraw effective February 1, 2011, the appearance of Jennifer Quinn-Barabanov, Rachel M. Hofstatter, Michael J. Allan and Steptoe & Johnson LLP as counsel for the Plaintiff/Counter-Defendant, Bethesda Softworks, LLC, in the above-referenced matter, in light of the appearance of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP.”

“PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that Dougls W. Baruch (MD Bar No. 12554) is entering his appearance as co-counsel for Plaintiff/Counter-Defendant Bethesda Softworks, LLC."
    [/p]
    Source

2. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Bethesda was in a legal battle?

3. Nujui
    OP

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Apparently.

I was just searching for any news to post and found this.

4. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I hope that Interplay wins. Fallout 1/2 were just SO MUCH BETTER than Fallout 3 [​IMG]

5. Berthenk

Member Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

Netherlands
    Yeah, I recall it was about some online game using the Fallout name and some game references like the Pip-Boy. Bethesda didn't like the latter, so they tried some legal stuff to force them to take the Pip-Boy out of the game. They were, however, allowed to use the Fallout name.

6. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Actually, it's a little big of a biggy, as far as the franchise go. Fallout Online has been in the works for a while now, and a teaser pic--all in the same nostalgic style of Fallout 1 and 2--was released. There's more than just a Pip-boy reference--it's essentially, though maybe not canon, part of the series. There's stuff about The Master, all the pop-items, supermutants, and some other stuff.

It's more similar than Fire Emblem and TearRing Saga were--and that got a lawsuit slapped on it fast.