Hacking beta52 disappears when wbfs folder exists

IAmJanos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with usb loader gx: I've installed beta52 v10 base 56 onto channel 249 and base 57 onto channel 250, I can run gamecube games just fine as they don't require that cIOS, and the desired cIOS appears when I go into the credits tab of usb loader gx. However, when I add a wbfs folder with a wii game to the base of my flash drive, the cIOS disappears from the credits, despite showing up when running a system check. If I remove the wbfs folder the cIOS reappears, only to disappear again if I re-add the wbfs folder. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

Last edited by IAmJanos,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm having trouble with usb loader gx: I've installed beta52 v10 base 56 onto channel 249 and base 57 onto channel 250, I can run gamecube games just fine as they don't require that cIOS, and the desired cIOS appears when I go into the credits tab of usb loader gx. However, when I add a wbfs folder with a wii game to the base of my flash drive, the cIOS disappears from the credits, despite showing up when running a system check. If I remove the wbfs folder the cIOS reappears, only to disappear again if I re-add the wbfs folder. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?
Hello,

Use an external hard drive (fat32 recommend) for better connectivity with the wii, and everything will be fine.

And use "wii backup manager" to manage your games.

The USB keys often give a black screen or do not work.

You can post a syscheck report here, if you wish, just in case.

Reactions: Alexander1970

IAmJanos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Use an external hard drive (fat32 recommend) for better connectivity with the wii, and everything will be fine.

And use "wii backup manager" to manage your games.

The USB keys often give a black screen or do not work.

You can post a syscheck report here, if you wish, just in case.
wii backup manager is the application I used to apply the game to my flash drive, I don't have the money to purchase an external hard drive so I am trying to work with what I have. What happens when attempting to open the game is no matter what channel I set to open it on, it goes into a black screen for about a minute, then goes back to the homebrew channel. My flash drive is already in fat32

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
many USB keys (yes many) do not work with wii.

you can try another charger, like ==>
"Wiiflow" or "configurable loader v70", but the result will be the same

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte