Hacking Best Wii System configuration

percu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that with all the new stuff is a good idea for us the neewies to know the best system configuration.
I meaning that with all the CIOS's, system menus, homebrew and so on is difficult to know.
For example is better to have the system menu version 3.2 and missing the shop update advantages in behalf of trucha? or is better to have the last update with the CIOS for the shop update and having starfall to avoid disc updates?

MainframeF4

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As long as you don't update using Nintendo's Update, you will have the best possible configuration
wink.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
3.2 with updated shop channel and IOS51 (by homebrew methods), with Starfall installed (but personally i'm just waiting for Bootmii, i don't want to modify my system menu yet)

Damian1221

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say best set up for homebrew would be this

-Firmware 3.2U or 3.2E with Homebrew Channel Beta 9
-Latest Wiigator CIOS for Wiigator Backup Launcher .3 set up for IOS247 as described in this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112885
-Old Wiigator V5 CIOS on IOS249 for old backup loader for games like SWTFU that won't load with the new one
-WiiShop and IOS51 Update so you can still use Shop Channel http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer
-Starfall hacks installed to prevent update and allow for import games and region free channels
-DVDx Installed normally (or PatchMii if you have one of those no DVD Modchips)

probably the best currently. 3.2U is definitely best firmware as of now, can do everything you can with 3.3U if you run the shop channel updater program +no IOS37 so you can boot trucha disks as well as Starfall working with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol