Best way to re-Hack Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LexLuthor, Jun 15, 2010.

Jun 15, 2010

Best way to re-Hack Wii? by LexLuthor at 4:03 PM (5,064 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. LexLuthor
    OP

Member LexLuthor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have been updating the hacks and whatnot on my Wii for years with various breaks and bursts at all different times.
    Its gotten to the point now where I have forgotten almost completely what is installed and what isnt.

I just want to start again, rehack the whole thing, so I know everything is up to date. I want a clean slate.

I bought the Wii at launch and it is currently on firmware 4.2.
    I have bootmii installed as a boot2 and will do a backup before I do anything else.

How would you advise is the best way to create a clean slate.

Thanks

2. LexLuthor
    OP

Member LexLuthor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Im fairly competent when it comes to hacking on the Wii.
    Its just been a while since I have done anything and I kinda just want to start over.

3. megatron_lives

Member megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Just follow one of the stickies (modify any wii etc. )and go for it. Most of the old stuff regardless of what you have installed, should be overwriten during the update/modding (ie ioses, cioses)

You could follow a re-virgin wii guide (I think there's on on completesoftmodguide) but I don't think it's necessary

Good luck

4. urherenow

Member urherenow GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If you ever had an old version of cIOSCORP installed, then get DARKCORP and run the uninstaller first. Running a system update won't overwrite most of the cIOSCORP files (because the version numbers are maxed out)

Then follow the mod any wii sticky as suggested and at your option, install darkcorp.

5. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    that is TOTAL BULLSHIT!!! DO NOT revirginize!!!!! That is ONLY used for when u dont ever want hacks EVER! Im getting sick of people telling users to revirginize and then we have to sit and try to figure it out when they brick!
    just rehack and forget revirginizing