Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right now with your modmii my cios is cIOS250[57]-v20.wad. I remember the old version of modmii for window use a different cios250 but not sure if one. in the HOD2/3, i select cios250 (no "b" revision) and the HOD2/3 work great. i don't need to change dol. all i change was block ios reload=on, and ios to 250.

when i play hod2 or hod3, it works great and when i exit out from the game it go back to wii menu. now, when i softmod my friend wii with your latest application, i get black screen black and can only use ios224.

question: if i install cIOS250[38]v20, will it overwrite cIOS250[57]-v20? which cios250 that dont use the "20b" revision?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@jodur, somewhat recently the wii scene has discovered the "version patch", this is a 4th type of patch that allows you to downgrade IOSs without having to first remove the higher/stubbed IOS. This is what IOS236 allows u to do. I believe some of waninkoko's newer 249/250's also have the version patch. It's not impossible for nintendo to do the same thing, but as it stands now, I doubt we'll see them downgrading/stubbing our cIOSs anytime soon.

@kirill20061, I edited my post, you're supposed to access priiloader by holding reset as your Wii is powering up. Also, of course your shopping channel is asking u to update, looking at your guide, u never told ModMii to update your shopping channel! U need to install the latest shopping channel (v20) for it to work. All other updates are blocked (although even with that hack, its possible to accept an update directly after setting up a new internet connection, so just say no to that)

@phillyguy, there is no such thing as cIOSv20b, only cIOSv20. There is a "cIOSv20b Installer", which installs the same cIOSs as the "cIOSv20 Installer", the only difference is that the installer itself is more stable (which doesn't matter to ModMii users since we install cIOSs in wad form). Yes, installing a new cIOS250 will overwrite whatever is currently installed to slot 250. The same applies to all slots. Re only cIOS 224 working on your friends wii, are u sure u installed the other cIOSs successfully?

@Zulithe, I'm glad u like ModMii, your welcome!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
repeat the ModMii wizard, this tell it to download the shopping channel, it will skip downloading the files already on ur sd card so the only new download will be the shopping channel, then just install it using a wad manager.

if u don't want to go through the wizard process again for w/e reason, u can download just the shopping channel wad from download page 1

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe i dont understand much but after softmod and i went into game setting ios, i saw a 250 v20b i forgot what base it use. but anyhow since only one game is not function correctly, i don't mind at all. your application still the best. i just want to let you know on HOD2/3 of it black screen and freeze after exiting out from the game, using ios224 (which is the only ios working for HOD2/3).

welshy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im getting "An unkown error occurred, program will be terminated" message when loading installer? Turned firewall off. Any idea's please?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Your anti-virus could be interferring with it, a couple anti-virus scanners incorrectly label ModMii as a virus and prevent it from unpacking the supporting files required by ModMii to operate.

After u run the installer, does it create 4 other *.exe files in the same folder?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@welshy, yes u should try temporarily disable AVG when you're using ModMii. I give u my word that there is not a virus in ModMii, besides, thousands of other ppl have used it successfully and not a single one has reported a real virus.

@ganons, your very welcome, I'm glad u like it
biggrin.gif

welshy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
@welshy, yes u should try temporarily disable AVG when you're using ModMii. I give u my word that there is not a virus in ModMii, besides, thousands of other ppl have used it successfully and not a single one has reported a real virus.

Ive turned off avg and firewall but getting same error message and the 4 other exe files still appear when I run program. Are they supposed to appear. I'm deleting them every time.

At a loose end cause I really want this program to work for me!!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
those files should be there, don't delete them. Do you have .NET framework 3.5 installed? What version of windows r u using?

can u send me a snapshot of the error, also a snapshot of what the ModMii Installer window looks like when u get this error. If you get the error immediately after launching the app... that is weird!!! It doesn't call any supporting apps until after u get past the 1st or 2nd screen.

you can always manually install ModMii by downloading the zip for the most recent release manually. Download it from here:
http://code.google.com/p/modmii/downloads/list

caporale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have a very basic questions:

1. How do I know which version of the wii i have? I bought the black wii last week
2. Can someone pint me to a link of the LEGO Indiana Jones or other game that I need to do this? If i understand correctly i need them to do all this process. Coirrect?

Sorry about my questions but it is the first time in my life i have a game console.

Thanks,
Caporale

aeu99184

Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone give me a bit of help with err 1252 disc id I am getting?

I have my friends wii which i soft modded previously.
He updated it via the wii system menu which removed the cios etc.

I have followed both the complete softmod guide and also just tried modmii.

Chose virgin options and installed the 28 ios files as described in the instructions.

I know the discs are fine because they play ok in my own wii.

at the moment I have cios 20 installed in ios 249 .

Older games seem to work ok but i am trying to get donkey kong to load and it just keeps giving me this 1252 error.

I've tried cios 17 and uninstalling ios 249 etc and starting again but no joy.

Its an old wii btw so not hobbled for playing dvd-r's

thanks

phillyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was wondering why my wii always crush

exception (DSI) occured!
GPR00.."...." GPR07
stock dump
code dump
reload in 5 second
reload

im not sure where to attch screenshot in here.

please help

System:
Wii 4.2u
Wiiflow2.2 r304
Softmode with ModMii for Windows latest version 4.4.1

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@aeu99184, if ur trying to play backup discs from the disc channel on your older model wii, u want darkcorp, but just use neogamma or even cfg usb loader to launch the games

@caporale, run the ModMii Wizard, it will answer all ur Qs, just read all the short notes!

@phillyguy, more info needed, occassional stack dumps are normal, and actually very frequent when using ios236 installer or simple ios patcher, read the modmii guide for tips on increasing your chance of getting those apps to run properly ----edit: in fact, all apps with no_ios_reload in the meta.xml have a pretty high chance of failure if u don't have an internet, try setting one up, or waiting 30 seconds for the HBC to try to initialize a connection

Zod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
just trying to find out why my older hdd is not working anymore on wii but it work perfect in windows and in older wii`s(with no update).

aeu99184

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
@aeu99184, if ur trying to play backup discs from the disc channel on your older model wii, u want darkcorp, but just use neogamma or even cfg usb loader to launch the games

I am using neogamma tried the forwarder and also the latest on via homebrew channel.

I dont understand it because the wii used to play these discs fine...

now it will only play old games like mario kart, punch out etc.

wont play donkey kong, goldeneye etc

i have installed darkcorp but it also only plays some discs.

its an old wii as well date is 2006

would it be worth trying to virginize it ?
I did the offline update to 4.2e and tried doing the softmod again but get the same error..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT