Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Official GBAtemp portal poll

What game do you think makes best use of DS touch screen?

I've tried to include most games, I couldn't remember them all. So if the game you want to pick isn't listed just choose "other" and mention the game in your post.
yaynds.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, my pick would be Elite Beat Agents, with Canvas Curse coming in a very close second.

Gestahl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The funny thing is that all those games suck terribly. Well, maybe save for OTO/EBA and the recent Nodame Cantabile. Maybe the touch screen was not such a great idea after all?
wink.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to have to throw a vote out there for Eragon. The use of the touchscreen for real-time spell casting by drawing the correct symbol was a pretty cool feature. Control of the dragon while in flight was decent too.

-10 points to any game that "forced" the use of the touchscreen. I'm thinking specifically of the stupid system in Dawn of Sorrow where you had to "seal" each boss. Totally unnecessary.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely a toss up between Kirby's Canvas Curse and Trauma Center. I went with Canvas Curse in the end, though. Completing levels by guiding the pink puffball with my stylus makes me feel good about picking up a Kirby title again.

go185

Trophies
XP
Country
I picked OTHER.

That game being Final Fantasy XII RW.

You use the touch screen for EVERYTHING in that game.
biggrin.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pac Pix. They have to make more games like it!
After that it's the obvious Canvas Curse and Ouendan/EBA. Also, I love to be able to control Phoenix Wright with my finger on the touchscreen, it's very relaxing compared to button presses.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I picked Warioware. It was the first game that I ever saw that used the touch screen, and I still don't think that any game has done it better in terms of variety, intuitiveness, and overall enjoyment.

Close second would be Trauma Center, but I just really didn't feel like that variety was as good as Wario with that one.

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why isn't Lost Magic in here? O well, I had to pick Trauma Center. No other DS game has caused me to use two styluses just to beat the game with low difficulty settings. And I felt like a real doctor would, using both my hands and whatnot. LOL

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why isn't Lost Magic in here? O well, I had to pick Trauma Center. No other DS game has caused me to use two styluses just to beat the game with low difficulty settings. And I felt like a real doctor would, using both my hands and whatnot. LOL

Awesome!
bow.gif

I picked Warioware. It was the first game that I ever saw that used the touch screen, and I still don't think that any game has done it better in terms of variety, intuitiveness, and overall enjoyment.

Close second would be Trauma Center, but I just really didn't feel like that variety was as good as Wario with that one.
Funny, because I thought Wario Ware was pretty uncreative an didn't provide me with any lasting fun...

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Funny, because I thought Wario Ware was pretty uncreative an didn't provide me with any lasting fun...

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I didn't think that Ouendan/EBA was really all that good. As a huge fan of guitar hero, I felt really let down by those games. I sometimes I thought that it was hard to know which melody you were tapping along to, and to me tapping and dragging on random points on the screen isn't an intuitive movement that goes along with music.

Oh well. I recognize that I'm in the minority on that one.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went to a garage sell last saturday, and the lady had a PS2 for sale, but she had a sign on it...