Best USB loader for a 4 year old.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by abdezca, Dec 30, 2015.

1. abdezca
    OP

abdezca GBAtemp Regular

May 11, 2014
    Mexico
    Between the south of Texas and north of Tamaulipas
    Hi gbatemp,

I need your advice on this situation. In a couple of weeks I will be giving away my Wii to my nephew as his bday present. I posses a collection of 26 games, but i dont believe a 4 year old is capable enough of taking care of them, so I want to copy them through a USB loader. So my questions are.

• What is the most kid friendly USB loader for the kid?
    • What is the best set up i can do so the kid can acess the channel without too much hazzle.
    It is important to mention that the kid is tech savy and knows his ways around with the android devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by abdezca, Dec 31, 2015
  2. abdezca
    OP

abdezca GBAtemp Regular

May 11, 2014
    Mexico
    Between the south of Texas and north of Tamaulipas
    Is there a mod that can move this thread to a more active sub forum? any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. ngs428

ngs428 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2014
    United States
    My 6 year old can navigate turning the Wii on and into homebrew and into and start games in USBLoaderGX.

PokeAcer likes this.
  4. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2013
    United States
    I've always used USB Loader GX and loved it. However there are a ton of options to play with. So if your tech savvy nephew gets curious and starts changing things he shouldn't it could possibly mess things up. It does have parental controls though. So after you set everything up and everything is working perfectly you can lock him out of all those extra settings. I personally have never used the parental settings though so I can't really give you any advice on how to set it up.

If he is only goin to be playing games from the loader and will have no reason to go to the system menu then I would recommend setting up PriiLoader to have the Wii automatically boot into USB Loader GX on startup. Then basically all he has to do is pick a game and he's playing.

Hope that helps. If you need any other help or advice let me know.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    USBLoaderGX has lot of parental control option where you can lock menus, or filter games based on official classification, or personal one.

My nephew is 5 years old and use it without issue.

Actual latest version :
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/33llk7a17ucr25f/R1260.7z

I recommend installing a forwarder channel too, and changing the loader to "return to" that channel.
    When exiting a game, it will reload the forwarder (to relaunch the loader automatically) instead of the system menu.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/usb...er GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad/download
    use a Wad manager to install the channel, for example : http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/7241-YAWMM-DE-English-Translation/

if you need more info on parental control, I can help you. it can be a little difficult to understand how it works if it's the first time you use the loader.