Homebrew Question Best USB installer?

naddel81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are at least 5 different USB installers. Which is the most reliant?
Gold leaf? Tinfoil? Limelight? Nut?

Best wishes.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm just trying atmosphere after using sxos for the last few months. Is there anything that will install from USB flash drive? That's how I've been installing since it became available in SXOS, it's so convenient.

Installing over USB via PC is clunky and seems unreliable

ReikaRin

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
OG Tinfoil for usb install with aluminumfoil, fluffy, NS-USBloader give average speed 40mb/s
Goldleaf for installing title from sd

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what we've learned is that you can't install from a USB drive without SXOS.
So? You cannot directly download a .NSP file to a thumb drive; it would have to be downloaded onto your computer. And then you would waste more time moving it to a thumb drive rather than just directly installing it from your computer. And if your counteragument is installing them when you are away from the computer, why would you need to install things on the go? I doubt you would have the means to download it anywhere then put it onto your flash drive.

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My phone has a USB-C Port. My Switch has a USB-C Port. I can download NSP on my phone directly, and then install directly on my switch. You're reaching really badly here, trying to discredit genuine use cases.

Reactions: oldmumak

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My phone has a USB-C Port. My Switch has a USB-C Port. I can download NSP on my phone directly, and then install directly on my switch. You're reaching really badly here, trying to discredit genuine use cases.
Big difference between genuine use case and the silly scenario you just proposed. Forget the chances of a .NSP that drops when you're at work or driving, in the amount of time it would take to download then put on your drive then install it, I can have someone at home download it or better yet wait until I get home myself because it would take either the same or less amount of time than the way you're describing it.

Reactions: codyjo

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big difference between genuine use case and the silly scenario you just proposed. Forget the chances of a .NSP that drops when you're at work or driving, in the amount of time it would take to download then put on your drive then install it, I can have someone at home download it or better yet wait until I get home myself because it would take either the same or less amount of time than the way you're describing it.
Or maybe you don't even use a computer, hunny.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or maybe you don't even use a computer, hunny.
I fail to see the issue of my downloading it on a computer when it can download the .NSP file much faster than a phone. There's also very few situations where you wouldn't have access to a computer but have enough space to use your phone, a USB cable, and Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1