Best SNES ac adapter? (3rd Party)

NerdJeebus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently bought a snes mini but its missing the ac adapter. On amazon there are a lot of cheap ones, but I don't know which one would work best. Any recommendations?

edracon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ask-martymcfly.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I would HIGHLY recommend getting a first party adapter. most of the third party ones have issues, either too much or too little voltage even if the label says it's prefect. I went through three different third party ones for my SNES, and they all didn't work right causing visual glitches (wrong colors/shifting colors). Once I got a first party nintendo one, everything worked perfectly. So no, there are no good or perfect third party ones, unless you're really lucky and got one that's built decently.

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second everything edracon says and would also add that, in addition to those serious video problems they can cause, the third party AC adapters tend to have really thin wires, too. So they can break at stress points or when bent very easily. Just plugging and unplugging them from your console too many times can cause enough stress for the more poorly-made ones to break. You end up having to replace them so often that you don't save any money in the end over buying just one OEM one that'll last forever.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
You just can't trust 3rd party console peripherals. I once had a 3rd party AC adapter for Gamecube and for some odd reason it would create a huge amount of noise in the audio. Let's not get started on 3rd party controllers.

Reactions: SmileCitrus

edracon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ask-martymcfly.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States

Drud1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats one of the ones I had which caused really really bad video issues. So you got lucky

If you do manage to get a bad one from an eBay seller, you can always get them to send you another. Sellers will do almost anything to avoid negative feedback!

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked one of these from my local game store it works well enough even with the sd2snes in the system didn't work the best with the nes tho caused tons of screen flickering for some reason http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B000PST2WY/ref=pd_aw_sbs_63_49?ie=UTF8&dpID=41lvFSUFtaL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL115_SR115,115_&refRID=146JVJD9WFKYJKN886JX
I must be very lucky then since i have 2 of those, 1 for my nes model 1 and 1 for my snes model 1 and they both work fine. Want to get first party plugs eventually though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\