It still takes a various amount of time, I'm afraid. Hardware modding is still the way to go.
That looks neat. ^^ Congrats!
I'm yet to receive mine. From what I can see it's has been shipped already, both Switch 2 console and the NSO GameCube controller.
Thanks. I'm a bit disappointed the Joy-Cons feel kind of cheap and lightweight I'd have preferred them to have more weight to feel somewhat "premium."
And of course, no analog triggers. I'll wait for my GCN NS2 controller to arrive which will actually have analog triggers so Nintendo still knows what that is. I'll also try to use it on the Switch 1.
Do you have an Express mSD? If you do and goh6 don't update it, it might then be too late if the console becomes hackable in the near future (I dunno, who knows).
I haven't ordered one yet, but I might get one soon. Those Nintendo branded look nice, but I wonder if there are some other cheaper ones from those trustworthy manufacturers.
I haven't ordered one yet, but I might get one soon. Those Nintendo branded look nice, but I wonder if there are some other cheaper ones from those trustworthy manufacturers.
The 512GB one costs about $100/€100 so the only way you'd get it any cheaper is if a retailer did a bundle deal.
I bought a NS2+MKW bundle with Samsung 256GB Express mSD from a retailer for £483, but after a £30 discount and £12 cashback so after all that it cost £441ish, considering the bundle itself goes for £430 in England not bad getting a 256GB Express mSD for £11.
Similar to Switch 1 to enable exFAT support, I had to install an update (separate update after the initial update at the very start of initialization) to copy screenshots and videos over from my Switch 1 regular SD card as part of the system transfer process. For those thinking they might be able to load exploits off of a normal SD card on shipped firmware, I'm not sure that'd actually work (maybe FAT32, but exFAT at least seems to need some update). Looks to be another reason to consider updating to launch firmware with microSD Express.
To everyone that voted in the poll, thank you for your time. Thought the result would be more cut/dried than it was. Same to everyone that posted/is posting in this thread. Interesting split and discussion(s). Except the misinformation, of course. Your contributions are appreciated. Happy Switch 2 launch day! Cheers
To everyone that voted in the poll, thank you for your time. Thought the result would be more cut/dried than it was. Same to everyone that posted/is posting in this thread. Interesting split and discussion(s). Except the misinformation, of course. Your contributions are appreciated. Happy Switch 2 launch day! Cheers
Does anyone know if you need an actual express microSD card to get the update or does it come with the initial update of the console? Got mine and updated it but haven’t gotten an sd cart yet, so I don’t know if it would be better to buy one now to do have that update as well. Anyone that did both?
Does anyone know if you need an actual express microSD card to get the update or does it come with the initial update of the console? Got mine and updated it but haven’t gotten an sd cart yet, so I don’t know if it would be better to buy one now to do have that update as well. Anyone that did both?
I saw a post. It could be you don't need an actual express sd card. If you have an sd card from you switch one and going into data management and starting a transfer of photos/videos on your switch 2, It should trigger the sd card update. (If you did the day one patch)
I saw a post. It could be you don't need an actual express sd card. If you have an sd card from you switch one and going into data management and starting a transfer of photos/videos on your switch 2, It should trigger the sd card update. (If you did the day one patch)
1. Update switch 2 to day one patch
2. Put some screenshots on sd card with my switch 1
3.On my switch 2. Go to storage -> transfer picture and videos -> migrate from switch 1
4. Enter the sd card in the switch 2
5. Remove the sd card from the switch2
6. Update the system for the sd card to work
I am still on the day one patch. I have video proof if neccesary.
Edit: now I think of it maybe someone can try it that did not do the update and stayed on the shipping firmware and maybe this way can manage to activate the sd card
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...