airpirate545

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking for a PMP. Something less than $250(but if it's really worth it maybe up to $300),I would like a touch screen. Most importantly it should be able to play a wide variety of movie and music formats, as my computer is really crappy to convert anything. And the screen should be wide enoguh for comfortable movie viewing. I'm leaning towards a Cowon O2, as I've heard great things about their products.

airpirate545

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea now that I look at Archos products, they seem great but too expensive. Right now I think I might want a Cowon S9 or a Cowon O2. Both look like great PMPs and are exactly what I am looking for.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Cowon o2 is a clumsy brick. Bad navigation kills the fantastic media file support. I'd go for the S9. The AMOLED screen makes video viewing an absolute pleasure.

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
That Cowon thing looks like a nice iPod Touch clone. How much does it cost?
The Ipod touch has way more features, but the S9 owns the ipod in terms of music, videos, and battery life.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here's an excellent guide for you guys that are buying either Ipod touch or the Cowon S9.

http://www.pocketables.net/2009/03/apple-i...samsung-p3.html

I'd wait for the new rumored Zune myself, since it's like the fusion of Ipod touch and Cowon S9. (If it even exists, anyway)
If it doesn't exist, as it likely is, then I'd just grab a cowon s9 for the glorious AMOLED screen, FLAC support, and the 55 hour battery life.

EDIT: If you're planning on getting an O2 at the moment, you might as well forget about it, seeing how it's apparently very unstable, and the touchscreen is rather bad. And as for archos, the new generation isn't very good, due to high failure rates, and below average customer service from archos.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I bought the 160GB Archose 605 Wifi a year or so ago, I dont regret the purchase at all though it isnt cheap. The one complaint I do have is like the above poster said having to pay extra for things like browser or some extra codecs is really really lame. However, most avi's I play and download work fine. 95% I would say.

Also lame is that it doesnt use a standard USB/mini usb cable, but some stupid archos cable. Very annoying if I lose it because I have a million usb to mini usb cables lying around but obviously no spare archos cables lying around. Paid $299 a year ago for it (+ $100 for docking station which allows output to tv etc)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
david432111 said:
Get the samsung p3! It supports a lot of formats without converting and it has cool interface and great audio quality. Check out the review here.

I wouldn't get a P3. I can't see the appeal of it. It DOES have a better build, since it's made of metal, but the only superior feature it has compared to the S9 is the bluetooth, which I don't use at all. The S9 has a better and a stronger screen, with the gorilla glass, and the AMOLED screen is amazing. And after what they did with the P2, I really wouldn't get one. (They dropped support for it within a year.) By all means, I'm not calling the P3 bad, but with what they've done with the P2, I'd rather wait and see how samsung developes this player.

The S9 supports most of the important codecs. (Well, not AAC, nor H.264....) The S9 will most likely get H.264 support pretty soon.

If you want better SQ, better support in a long run , AMOLED, bigger screen, BEE+ technology, a better EQ and better battery life go with the S9.
If you want to make calls on it, good SQ with good amount of sound effects, good looking screen, a mini speaker, and a cheaper price tag, go with the P3.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mcp2 said:
I was on the Cowon website and it states that the S9 does have a gyrometer and bluetooth (supports headsets), anyone confirm this?

The gyrometer is pretty much what the ipod touch has.

Yes, it supports bluetooth headsets. It also supports bluetooth speakers.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have an Archos 5 120GB, and I can say that it works very good. The big screen is beautiful and better than the iPod Touch, its battery lasts long and it supports Flash9! It's a little expensive, yes, but you won't regret it. The plug-ins are a pain in the ass, but if you buy them you can even watch your videos in HD!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf