syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well cats are useless pets and so are small dogs but a medium sized to big dog are good for guarding your house...a cat only makes a good pet if you have a dog

logical thinker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finishoff said:
Dogs, you don't have to deal with litter box.
glare.gif
Implying that dogs don't poop.

QUOTE(syko5150 @ May 5 2010, 03:05 AM) well cats are useless pets and so are small dogs but a medium sized to big dog are good for guarding your house...a cat only makes a good pet if you have a dog
glare.gif
We are talking about pets (animals kept as companions), not security devices.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
Finishoff said:
Dogs, you don't have to deal with litter box.
glare.gif
Implying that dogs don't poop.

QUOTE(syko5150 @ May 5 2010, 03:05 AM) well cats are useless pets and so are small dogs but a medium sized to big dog are good for guarding your house...a cat only makes a good pet if you have a dog
glare.gif
We are talking about pets (animals kept as companions), not security devices.
even so dogs make better pets overall you can take a dog to the park and walk all over the city with a dog and dogs are much smarter they learn commands very well.cats just kind of want to do their own thing and its not like you can take a cat out to the park or anything and most cat owners just let their cats run wild during the day and they come home at night...

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they are facts theres very few people who can actually train a cat to do what they want it to do and too many people just let their cats run around(my neighbors for instance). They have 3 cats and i always see them running the streets like 3 or 4 blocks away and too many people do that.Not all cat owners keep them with them all the time i mean how often do you go to the store and see someone carrying a cat? but yet you always see crazy people with their ugly little dogs in their purse...you dont see anyone taking their cats for a ride in the vehicle yet you see all kinds of people with their dogs...so saying a cat makes a better companion is entirely wrong unless you are the type of person that stays home 24/7 with your cat...also from my previous statement whats wrong with wanting a dog to protect your home?doesn't that show that the dog is a good companion because it wants to protect the home of the people it lives with?a cat sure as hell wont do that they are more likely to run and hide somewhere.

logical thinker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not all of them are facts.
Not everyone want to train a pet. I want a cat to behave like a cat, nothing more than this.
Yes, many people let their cat run around, but you cannot say that "most let" without citing the source of that info.
Why would I want to carry my cat or cruise with it in the car? You obviously don't understand cat owners.

QUOTE said:
so saying a cat makes a better companion is entirely wrong unless you are the type of person that stays home 24/7 with your cat...
Do you really believe that? Are you that ignorant?

QUOTEalso from my previous statement whats wrong with wanting a dog to protect your home?doesn't that show that the dog is a good companion because it wants to protect the home of the people it lives with?a cat sure as hell wont do that they are more likely to run and hide somewhere.
There is nothing wrong with it, but that is not exactly what a pet is for. I am not sure about your second question.
I know a lot of dogs that do not do anything when someone invades its house. Cats are unlikely to attack the invader, but they are very alert, so, if their owner is paying attention, he/she will know that something is wrong. With this, I am not claiming that cats are more useful against invaders.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Syko, people let their cats roam outside because they know that their cat isn't stupid enough to chase a car and get run-over by another one.

And about the issue of taking dogs/cats everywhere. People usually take their dogs places every once in a while so they can feel "free," instead of being on a leash outside their house (Unless they have a closed-in area for the dog). Also, I've never seen a small dog in someone's purse except on TV with celebrities.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
Not everyone want to train a pet. I want a cat to behave like a cat, nothing more than this.
Yes, many people let their cat run around, but you cannot say that "most let" without citing the source of that info.
Why would I want to carry my cat or cruise with it in the car? You obviously don't understand cat owners.

QUOTE said:
so saying a cat makes a better companion is entirely wrong unless you are the type of person that stays home 24/7 with your cat...
ok even if you don't want to train your cat how does that make it a better companion then a dog?how does an untrained pet of any kind make a good companion?i don't take my dogs in the car but a lot of people do.i enjoy taking my dogs for walks.i've been a previous cat owner but i don't see the point in having one all they do is lay around the house and shed fur on my furniture not to mention clawing things they're not supposed to.you're just saying cats are better companions then dogs... please tell me why exactly they make better companions? you sound like nothing more then another dog hater.

@TWDP FTW: are you serious? do you know how many dead flattened cats i see on the road everyday? lol cats are definitely dumb enough to get run over ahaha...

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
logical thinker said:

QUOTE said:
ok even if you don't want to train your cat how does that make it a better companion then a dog?how does an untrained pet of any kind make a good companion?i don't take my dogs in the car but a lot of people do.i enjoy taking my dogs for walks.i've been a previous cat owner but i don't see the point in having one all they do is lay around the house and shed fur on my furniture not to mention clawing things they're not supposed to.you're just saying cats are better companions then dogs... please tell me why exactly they make better companions? you sound like nothing more then another dog hater.

@TWDP FTW: are you serious? do you know how many dead flattened cats i see on the road everyday? lol cats are definitely dumb enough to get run over ahaha...
I don't see many where I live, but for one, cats are smaller, so they're most likely to die more easily than if a dog got hit or run over. And I meant dumber by dogs actually causing it themselves (i.e. Chasing a car and getting hit by a different car), where a cat is usually hit because it didn't see the car, or couldn't escape in time.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ive had a lot of dogs over the years and i've never had one dumb enough to chase a car i'm sure there are some stupid dogs that do that but not in my experience. but cats are supposed to be more agile then dogs and be able to avoid being hit by cars yet they get run over all the time and most the time they get run over late at night when theres minimal traffic...

monogatari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dogs, just because I have three.

I generally like both animals, but I like dogs better because they're not as moody as cats. It's hard to explain, it's just better to have a dog around you and they can be so compassionate. Dogs are loyal, and sometimes that loyalty itself is touching... Cats just, as some already say, like to do its own thing and like, meh, whatever.

I agree and disagree with some of you. Dogs are smarter in the sense they can learn commands and tricks (although there are cats that can, but there has to be a reason why a trained dog is more common than a trained cat). About how a cat can use a litterbox and whatnot, well, my dogs are trained so they will only go in my back yard. You may think that only cats bury their poop, but some dogs kick some dirt to cover their own poop too sometimes.

Sooo... in a way... a tie maybe? It's like comparing a Japanese girl to an American girl. Both have something special about them, and some people prefer one over the other, but not all fall on the stereotype. I don't know if that makes sense. But, meh.

monogatari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
theres a reason why there are no attack cats, or bomb/drug sniffing cats
tongue.gif

This.

Now before anyone say "We're talking about dog/cat as a pet", this just goes to show how smart & useful a dog is. Would you rather have a pet that's useful or the one that's just sitting there being cute while making you spend more ka-ching for pet food?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its just like monogatari said a dog is more useful in a sense...lets take a scenario where you're sitting at home with a friend and someone breaks into your house and they have a gun/knife would you want a dependable friend that will have your back in that situation or someone that will just run and hide? now replace the friend with a dog/cat.sure there are some dogs that are going to run away mostly smaller dogs but i know for fact that my dogs would attack someone because they try to attack everyone they're not familiar with lol.

logical thinker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
syko5150 said:
logical thinker said:

QUOTE said:

And you sound like a cat hater.
I am trying to avoid a flame war and I am NOT saying that cats are better then dogs. YOU are the one saying that cats are WORSE than dogs.

QUOTE(monogatari @ May 5 2010, 04:20 AM)
Sooo... in a way... a tie maybe? It's like comparing a Japanese girl to an American girl. Both have something special about them, and some people prefer one over the other, but not all fall on the stereotype.
This, specially the underlined part.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
syko5150 said:
logical thinker said:

QUOTE said:
And you sound like a cat hater.
I am trying to avoid a flame war and I am NOT saying that cats are better then dogs. YOU are the one saying that cats are WORSE than dogs.
lol you're the one that came at me from my first post all i stated was i think cats are useless and dogs are better and that should have been that since you created a poll about which are better dogs or cats i picked dogs but you came at me and wanted to argue over my opinion lol...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM