Best Nintendo 3DS Game Available

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by BloodWolfJW, Apr 3, 2011.

Apr 3, 2011
  1. BloodWolfJW
    OP

Member BloodWolfJW Marotheit

United States
    So, I'm getting a 3DS April 7th (AND I'M COUNTING THE DAYS!!!) but I don't know what launch title to get. Let me go out on a limb and say NO Street Fighter! Why? Well, I've never been a big fan of fighting unless it was Mortal Kombat, and I've tried out multiple demos and I'm just not getting much of a feel for it. I can't wait a few days for a better game to be added to the list and unfortunatly there's no time for me to decide when I get there either, so I have to ask for your help, GBAtemp. Which launch title should I get? [​IMG]

2. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    if you can't wait later for the upcomming tittles to come out there are a few worth concidering

Ridge Racer 3D

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

nintendogs + cats

But if you do wait later there wil be games like Pilotwings Resort, mario kart 3D, paper mario and super mario bro''s for the 3ds

3. raiderscrusade

Member raiderscrusade GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Super Monkey Ball [​IMG]

It all depends though.

What type of games do you like playing?

4. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    It really depends on what sort of games you like.
    I'm a big fan of Koei's Warriors games so I got Samurai Warriors Chronicles and I'm loving it.
    Other people seem to be enjoying Pilotwings and Rayman.
    Some people seem to like Ridge Racer or Asphalt 3D
    There's a thread where people have been giving micro-reviews of the launch titles they bought.
    http://gbatemp.net/t285814-best-launch-title-you-picked-up

5. MakiManPR

Banned MakiManPR Banned

Puerto Rico
    it depends on what kind of games you like, for me theres nothing good from SSFIV 3D

6. BloodWolfJW
    OP

United States
    I'm really into games from Nintendo's past, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, and anything puzzle or RPG related.

7. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    Hehe, you're not the only one by a long shot. Our first taste of major Nintendo franchise goodness will come in June with Zelda Oot. Can't wait. [​IMG]

BTW-- LoL at your posting time. Party? [​IMG]

8. snakeman65

Newcomer snakeman65 Newbie

United Kingdom
    For me, the only game that will keep me interested for long enough is Lego Star Wars III. I'm at 8 hours played and still only 15% completion. I just love collecting all those studs!

9. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    First of all, this game is in the wrong section.

On topic, however...

Launch titles aren't always the best games. In my opinion, there are no good games available for the 3DS right now. You should wait for new games to come out. At that point, the 3DS may also be cheaper. I would hold off on getting the 3DS right now, as well, because I've heard some of them are having problems with freezing.

10. stanleyopar2000

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States
    ..it's not out yet...none are worth buying now.

11. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    I'm voting samurai warriors is the only half good launch title available but even that is pretty weak

12. BloodWolfJW
    OP

United States
    Yeah, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS is the exact reason I'm buying a 3DS in the first place, kinda like the Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl with me as well. I've considered the circumstances and the game I will get for the Nintendo 3DS; And The Winner Is.......Ridge Racer 3D. Considering I LOVED the N64 version, It seems like the best canidate for me, although I won't really spend some quality "time" (pun intended) with my 3DS until June, when all the good games hit the shelves. Thanks All!

13. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Nothing was worth getting for me besides SSF4. But you ruled that out. Just create Miis for endless hours until a good game comes out.

14. Relys

Member Relys Master of Computer Science

United States
    All crap besides SSFIV.

I like games like rayman, and splinter cell but they're crap ports. I like pilot wings 64 but there's not enough content in the new one. I might look into lego star wars. I played the first one on the gamecube and liked it (it looks like it got low scores for being the same, but who gives a fuck if you haven't played the entire series).

SSFIV is not just a solid port and one if not the best fighter of all time (best handheld fighter for sure), but it's also the only good thing out there as far a launch titles go.

15. CherrySkitty

Member CherrySkitty GBAtemp Regular

Costa Rica
    Hmm.. Rayman 2 wasn't a Nintendo game, but it was pretty popular in the N64 era. Its creator made it as a "response" to Super Mario 64. It's a pretty platforming game =3.

If you don't mind playing a port of a 11 years old game with more or less outdated graphics, like platformers, fantasy, etc, I'd recommend getting Rayman 3D.