Gaming Best Nintendo 3DS Game Available

BloodWolfJW

Marotheit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm getting a 3DS April 7th (AND I'M COUNTING THE DAYS!!!) but I don't know what launch title to get. Let me go out on a limb and say NO Street Fighter! Why? Well, I've never been a big fan of fighting unless it was Mortal Kombat, and I've tried out multiple demos and I'm just not getting much of a feel for it. I can't wait a few days for a better game to be added to the list and unfortunatly there's no time for me to decide when I get there either, so I have to ask for your help, GBAtemp. Which launch title should I get?
yaynds.gif

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
if you can't wait later for the upcomming tittles to come out there are a few worth concidering

Ridge Racer 3D

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

nintendogs + cats

But if you do wait later there wil be games like Pilotwings Resort, mario kart 3D, paper mario and super mario bro''s for the 3ds

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
It really depends on what sort of games you like.
I'm a big fan of Koei's Warriors games so I got Samurai Warriors Chronicles and I'm loving it.
Other people seem to be enjoying Pilotwings and Rayman.
Some people seem to like Ridge Racer or Asphalt 3D
There's a thread where people have been giving micro-reviews of the launch titles they bought.
http://gbatemp.net/t285814-best-launch-title-you-picked-up

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
BloodWolfJW said:
I'm really into gaes from Nintendo's past, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, and anything puzzle or RPG related.
Hehe, you're not the only one by a long shot. Our first taste of major Nintendo franchise goodness will come in June with Zelda Oot. Can't wait.
ohmy.gif

BTW-- LoL at your posting time. Party?
tongue.gif

snakeman65

Trophies
XP
Country
For me, the only game that will keep me interested for long enough is Lego Star Wars III. I'm at 8 hours played and still only 15% completion. I just love collecting all those studs!

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
First of all, this game is in the wrong section.

On topic, however...

Launch titles aren't always the best games. In my opinion, there are no good games available for the 3DS right now. You should wait for new games to come out. At that point, the 3DS may also be cheaper. I would hold off on getting the 3DS right now, as well, because I've heard some of them are having problems with freezing.

BloodWolfJW

Marotheit
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
BloodWolfJW said:
I'm really into games from Nintendo's past, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, and anything puzzle or RPG related.
Hehe, you're not the only one by a long shot. Our first taste of major Nintendo franchise goodness will come in June with Zelda Oot. Can't wait.
ohmy.gif

BTW-- LoL at your posting time. Party?
tongue.gif

Yeah, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS is the exact reason I'm buying a 3DS in the first place, kinda like the Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl with me as well. I've considered the circumstances and the game I will get for the Nintendo 3DS; And The Winner Is.......Ridge Racer 3D. Considering I LOVED the N64 version, It seems like the best canidate for me, although I won't really spend some quality "time" (pun intended) with my 3DS until June, when all the good games hit the shelves. Thanks All!

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing was worth getting for me besides SSF4. But you ruled that out. Just create Miis for endless hours until a good game comes out.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All crap besides SSFIV.

I like games like rayman, and splinter cell but they're crap ports. I like pilot wings 64 but there's not enough content in the new one. I might look into lego star wars. I played the first one on the gamecube and liked it (it looks like it got low scores for being the same, but who gives a fuck if you haven't played the entire series).

SSFIV is not just a solid port and one if not the best fighter of all time (best handheld fighter for sure), but it's also the only good thing out there as far a launch titles go.

CherrySkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I'm really into games from Nintendo's past, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, and anything puzzle or RPG related.

Hmm.. Rayman 2 wasn't a Nintendo game, but it was pretty popular in the N64 era. Its creator made it as a "response" to Super Mario 64. It's a pretty platforming game =3.

If you don't mind playing a port of a 11 years old game with more or less outdated graphics, like platformers, fantasy, etc, I'd recommend getting Rayman 3D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-