Best Megami Tensei Game?

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After playing SMT:Devil Survivor and SMT: Strange Journey, I've been really tempted to go back and play some of the older MT/SMT games.

What do you guys think is the best MT/SMT game? The only SMT games I've played have been Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon, the two mentioned titles, and Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. I've also played the two Devil Children games for the GBA, but I really didn't like them.

However, I lack a PSP at the moment, so please don't suggest any titles for the PSP.

I know people LOVE Persona, but has anyone played any of the older SMT games? Are they any good?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Noctrune is great... Dante's in there

I really regret selling my copy
frown.gif

I do have still Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon with the plushie doll mint condition.
the first Devil Summoner wasn't too bad either

But I think the best SMT is Persona 3 FES
followed by Noctrune, and in 3rd place is Persona 4

I have been wanting to play the digital devil saga, but my PS2 broke a long time a go

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a new fan of the series and have only played, REvelations: Persona, P3FES, P4, Strange Journey and the original SMT.

You can play SMT 1 and 2 via an translation patch via a snes emu. I can vouch that SMT 1 is a good game.

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
I'm a new fan of the series and have only played, REvelations: Persona, P3FES, P4, Strange Journey and the original SMT.

You can play SMT 1 and 2 via an translation patch via a snes emu. I can vouch that SMT 1 is a good game.

Alright, thanks. I wanted to make sure that it was a good game before I went out and ordered one on eBay. Thanks ^ ^.

I haven't played any of the DDS series. I hear they have one of the best stories that Atlus has done.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know - I haven't played them myself. I was reading a thread over at GameFAQS, though, and many claim that it's the best in the series.

I was actually hoping that someone would translate the Raidou edition of Nocturne. I don't think anyone has yet. I like Raidou a lot more then I like Dante.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played Shin Megami Tensei II but I never finished it. It was good though. Persona 1 and 2 are a lot like traditional SMT, still a lot different though. Persona 3 is my favorite of the bunch, Persona 4 is great too. Digital Devil Saga isn't traditional SMT but it's still good nonetheless. But, I say play them all.

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
I've finished the PSP Persona 1 remake, and I'd say don't get it unless you do get a PSP and unless you're a huge fan of the Persona Series. While it was an excellent remake compared to the original release, and another whole section of the game was translated in addition to the retranslation of the rest of the game, it still felt kind of boring to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +3
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    awwwh :shit: ! I shouldn't have done that. Now that song will play on my mind ALL Day :sad::cry:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder how long it will take for my number to port over lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dm it to me and you'll find out
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ninja: +1