Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I want to be able to play media / mp3 / view jpeg's etc.. on my new DS Lite

I saw a few media players here :-

http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?category=246

Any suggestions on which is the best for plain old media?... or is there another solution which is not on that site, which would do the job better.

I'll wait a few more months before getting fully into the flashing etc, so I won't need a device that plays roms or homebrew stuff yet.. (still a newbie doing forum reading!)

Only for media..

Please don't tell me to get a PSP
cry.gif
... I just can't see any games for that portable that I like..

sQa5r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I were you I would get a flashcard right away, because most of them have the same media capabilities as the mediaplayers you found at liksang.com. And they dosent cost alot more.

The ones I know that can play media are supercard and M3, im not sure that the ez4 crads can yet... but them ezteam are working on it if it cant
smile.gif

Edit:

Look at the frontsite for links to flashcard sellers.

GoombaPoop06

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Well if you want a bunch of media and stuff and a portable console...get a PSP...BUT PSP's have crappy games( except GTA and SWBF2 and untold Legends...but if it isn't in your price range...get a datel 4GB media thing or supercard SD and use moonshell.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
M3 can infact have Moonshell on it as well but I do not know the full specifics on that situation. But whatever can run MoonShell should meet your needs.

P.S. Post Count 1000!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
M3 + Passcard 3.

You need a device that runs homebrew in order to run Moonshell.
The cheapest combo would be GBAMP V2 + Max Media Launcher, but in the lon run adding a few dollars and buying a Supercard or M3 is the best way to go.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No, the M3 can't run Moonshell on its own. No flash cart can.

Moonshell is a DS application. To run DS apps, you have to have a passme device (Passcard, Superkey, Passme2, Max Media Launcher), or you can borrow a passme device from a friend and flash the firmware on your DS.

read this

I reccomend the Passcard 3.

EDIT: If all you want is a media player, and are not interested in homebrew, I suggest the GBAMP you found at Lik Sang.

GBAMP v2 + passcard 3 = $50

(But it can only run some homebrew (incl. Moonshell) and can't play ROMs.)

starbug1978

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!..

Come to think of it.. if both devices are need, it'll probably be better to get a setup that can play roms.

I won't be using that feature for a while, but it'll be handy to have
wink.gif

So to sum up.. I should go for an M3 & Passcard 3 ?

I guess my new question is where is the best place for us UK peeps to buy these things.. and do they work fully with the new EURO DS LITE?

Thanks for answering all my newbie questions
biggrin.gif

Neil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
I got my M3 Perfect MiniSD from cheapmod.net, they were fast and coimmunicative. Dunno where to get a Passcard 3 yet, so I went with Max Media Launcher. And yeah, no probs with DS Lite.

Neil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I want to be able to play media / mp3 / view jpeg's etc.. on my new DS Lite

I saw a few media players here :-

http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?category=246

Any suggestions on which is the best for plain old media?... or is there another solution which is not on that site, which would do the job better.

I'll wait a few more months before getting fully into the flashing etc, so I won't need a device that plays roms or homebrew stuff yet.. (still a newbie doing forum reading!)

Only for media..

Please don't tell me to get a PSPÂ
cry.gif
... I just can't see any games for that portable that I like..

get a supercard miniSD (cheaper than m3). the battery life comapred to m3 miniSD is practically the same. and miniSDs are cheaper than MicroSDs and about the same compared to normal SDs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1