Gaming Best horror games

michael18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,i wann start playing horror games on 360 except resident evil,saw.So i want someone suggest me some of them, thank you

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil 5 isn't scary.

The Silent Hill games for the system are kinda shit so don't bother. Your best bet is getting Silent Hill 2 for the original Xbox.

Alan Wake works too although it's not really "pure horror", more of a psychological thriller. Good game but unless you're really jumpy and easy to scare it won't creep you out.

There's Dead Space and its sequel though.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Others have taken some so at the risk of having something thrown at me I will suggest Deadly Premonition but after this we are dealing with action games that feature staples of the horror genre or truly terrible games (or both- do yourself a favour and never play vampire rain). Condemned and the sequel might be an idea but few will hold it against you if you do not like them and Dark Souls is not bad but probably falls into the action game with horror monsters and if you do not mind heading down that route Metro 2033 might be an idea.

Also Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth for the original xbox is not bad if you can find it and I believe it works with 360s as well (might want to check depending on region or get a JTAG/RGH box).

Also I should note The Darkness II is out in a couple of weeks as well but that might be pushing the definition.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There aren't a huge amount of pure horror titles on the console (then again, the same could probably be said about the PS3 and Wii). Still, the Silent Hill HD collection is due out in a month or so; if you want horror, that's going to be your best bet. (Downpour is also coming out this year, but after the reception of Homecoming, it there's no telling how it may turn out).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Others have taken some so at the risk of having something thrown at me I will suggest Deadly Premonition...

No. No. NO.

That game is absolutely horrible. My girlfriend and I bought it hoping for a pleasant Japanese horror experience. It did not deliver.

The driving parts of the game are prolonged, the main character has the likability of a riverbed rock, the characters are relatively bland and forgettable... needless to say, we returned it within a week and got Dead Space instead, which I'd wholeheartedly recommend instead of that... thing.

Marvelous entertainment for once created something that cannot be considered "marvelous" by any standards and no gaming magazine is going to convince me otherwise. The cover was interesting, the main villian seemed quite interesting aswell, but after booting the game and reaching the city, I lost all hope.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Try the game FEAR. The first one, anyway. The other two suck.

Is that really horror though? I remember that being more of a shooter where every now and then the developers attempt a jump scare.
The way my girlfriend described it to me, the first FEAR was a legitimate horror, FEAR 2 was obnoxious to the point that she didn't even bother trying F3AR... and she has a similar taste when it comes to horrors to myself, so I'd say, go ahead and try it.

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the game FEAR. The first one, anyway. The other two suck.

Is that really horror though? I remember that being more of a shooter where every now and then the developers attempt a jump scare.
The way my girlfriend described it to me, the first FEAR was a legitimate horror, FEAR 2 was obnoxious to the point that she didn't even bother trying F3AR... and she has a similar taste when it comes to horrors to myself, so I'd say, go ahead and try it.
That is exactly how it happened for me too. Played 2 and didn't even bother with 3. Also, your girlfriend must be pretty cool if she plays horror games!

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fatal Frame 1 & 2 for the original Xbox.

I'll agree that Dead Space 1 & 2 are far superior to Deadly Premonition, but I wouldn't say DP is "absolutely horrible". There is a good number of people who actually really enjoyed it... including myself. I think some people just don't get it. It's supposed to be the way it is, for several reasons.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Fatal Frame 1 & 2 for the original Xbox.

I'll agree that Dead Space 1 & 2 are far superior to Deadly Premonition, but I wouldn't say DP is "absolutely horrible". There is a good number of people who actually really enjoyed it... including myself. I think some people just don't get it. It's supposed to be the way it is, for several reasons.
I suppose it is a matter of taste, the definitive fragment of the game that made me return it was the completely broken system of investigations during day time. You can spend hours upon hours on aimlessly searching where you're supposed to go and I didn't have the patience to memorize the layout of the entire town - those things should be "given" to the player as icons on a map. In this game, sometimes you have to enter a completely random building with no indication whatsoever that you're supposed to go there, and I sincerely hate wasting time infront of the TV doing absolutely nothing except getting frustrated.

Were those game mechanics "fixed" I assume I'd enjoy it way more. I agree with your suggestion when it comes to Fatal Frame games - cream of the crop and definatelly worth getting.

@Bobbyloujo

I suppose she is, thanks. XD She loves horrors, but her hobby is actually watching someone play them as she's easily frightened and finds herself incapable of moving the main character. X3 Fear was different though, she finished that game fair and square all by herself.

ZarCastro_287545

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
first of all if you dont think you got scared and/or enjoyed playing F3AR , Any Of The RE Series, Or Dead Space Cause , try playing the game -___- , maybe a better MONITOR OR A HD TV, its not F****ing 1700's Mow A Damn lawn! or eat the damn game , i havent touched my xbox in a while and its collecting dust , but they were F***ing Great Games (not so much RE5- it was appetizing , tough controls? its res, get over it!) i know even just playing the dead space demo fucking scared or made you fuckin jump , if not play it then say you didnt get scared -___- , havent touch alan wake but its a big talk, so u should look into it, stay far away from silent hill except the new one coming out ^_^,.F3AR !? Have You Played That Game Especiallally if u beat the game with the dead guy ? That Was Crazy 8O i kept looking away from the screen! its so messed up, and they have great jump outs and etc. best FPS horror ,and if you play Dead Space With your girlfriend ... watch the reaction(but never die ur gf will hate that you suck at a game) she gives you , first itll be a typical female complain, ignored it ! shes going to get sucked in and shes going to seem like she was Getting Raped By Tyler The Creator Him Self! RE4! They just added it for download on XBOX on-demand! 20$ or 1200 MS points i thing or near it! Condemed came no where close to DEAD SPACE , if condemed scared you! than the closest youve ever came to a PHYSCO is an AA Acholic -__- .... - Gbatemp Has Some Of The Worst Critics Ever -Troll comment >_>
p.s. @bobby seems kinda ironic the fact that your diggin his chick "THE BALLS ON YOU MAN!"-Creed Bratton

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1