• Total voters

onlypuppy7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I actually made this thread because my friend thinks that that guide is better than 3ds.guide. Can someone please link a thread explaining why it's better than videos

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually made this thread because my friend thinks that that guide is better than 3ds.guide. Can someone please link a thread explaining why it's better than videos
Video guides can become outdated relatively quickly and are harder to update. Most people also don't know what happens in them and cannot provide support for it.

Reactions: onlypuppy7
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's rich coming from your friend. It's sad when people say the video tutorial is better than the written guide when it's the written guide from which that video tutorial gets all its information from.

onlypuppy7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
His main arguments are:
  • that the video is the guide anyway
  • He gives personal support
  • It's easier to follow
  • It works

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that the video is the guide anyway
Except for the fact long time 3DS users have been helping many noobies fix their incompletely hacked or bricked systems due to the inaccuracies of sthetix and similar YouTube videos.
He gives personal support
So do we here at GBAtemp, reddit r/3dshacks, and discordapp Homebrew Channel. So much so we've been continually warning new homebrewers not to use video guides due to the above points while we help them undo their mistakes they shouldn't have gotten themselves in the first place had they followed the official guide.
It's easier to follow
I take it your friend doesn't like reading. Or perhaps he doesn't know - ah nvm.

In any case, easier is no excuse or substitution to thoroughness.
Until it does not due to said outdated or missing info.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: onlypuppy7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout