Exaltys

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple of questions about slot-2 devices.

1. Will slot-2 devices work in my DS and GBA/SP/Micro?
2. Will I be able to rip saves off of my DS cards with a slot-2?
3. I have heard things about the save batteries. Is there a device that uses a different save method that I wouldn't have to worry about it ever breaking?
4. Which is the best slot-2 device?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. Not all slot2 devices will work as GBA flashcarts.
2. Sure, if you are using the correct homebrew. There are exceptions with some games with hardware AP that stops you from doing this. Pokemon HG/SS are two of them.
3. The battery in most slot2 devices is for the mostly GBA saves, those are like the battery in your watch. how long of a time do you have before you have to replace a watch battery.
4. There are several choices, most people will spend the least amount since it is now harder to find a new DSL for sale by any box store.

From your previous questions you will want to get your hands on a GBA sized 3in1. You can get one form any of the recommended online shops and save some cash or you can get it locally and pay a little bit more to get it faster.

http://www.0shippingzone.com/flash-expansi...size-p-212.html

RHS is local.

http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-size-p-212.html

To use the GBA sized 3in1 in a GBA/SP/micro you will need to put a game onto the 3in1 with the DS/L and a slot1 flashcart. Once you do that, the 3in1 will like a normal GBA flashcart.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
To use the GBA sized 3in1 in a GBA/SP/micro you will need to put a game onto the 3in1 with the DS/L and a slot1 flashcart. Once you do that, the 3in1 will like a normal GBA flashcart.

This is a slightly bad visual example, but you will not need the AR to use the GBA sized version of the 3in1.

First you put a game into the NOR
IMG_120011c.jpg

IMG_90149b.jpg

Then you put the game in your GBA/SP/micro
IMG_120016b.jpg

IMG_120015b.jpg

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are planning to buy a cart for use in a GBA, I'd get an EZ4 and not the 3-in-1. You wouldn't need a DS to flash it with or worry about backing-up the saver when you swap games and as it would have it's own SD you could carry around up to 2 GB's more games... I also rather like using Dual Slot Browser to transfer stuff to friends' SD's when I'm on the go and don't have access to a computer.

The only real downside is the EZ4 could not spoof as a retail cart the way a 3-in-1 does. Meaning no DS game to GBA game linking.

The 3-in-1 isn't a bad choice by any means, but I almost never use mine for GBA anymore. The main reason it stays in my DS lite is it's more functional than the dust cap that came w/ the DSlite and if I have a proper GBA flash cart in there it doesn't fit in the breast pocket of my coat anymore. :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel