Hacking Best GBA emulator for Ds

linkthetenth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey i know this is almost impossible But I saw a flash card that can play games without the E-Z 3in1!!!
blink.gif
so if its possible i wonder if any one can get one or give me the name of it cus I'm not going though the procedure of getting another flashcard Thanks!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well he was talking about the iPlayer. It's the only cart that doesn't require a Slot-2 for GBA games, although it's only emulation.

However, a Slot-2 expansion is just cheaper. I got my 3-in-1 for $25 (including S&H), so I'd stick with that. Still, if you have a DSi and $40 to spend, the iPlayer is a good choice.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok this is a kinda stupid title becsue "best GBA emulator" there is just one the dosnt need an expansion which is hte iplayer which i wouldnt get if i were you just to a gba emulator 40$ is not worth it the iplayer in my mind is to expensive at 40$ if 20$ go for it but right now its just to high for video when your have a pc with a better screen for movies , shows , etc...

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooner or later, some chinese company will probably create a knock-off iPlayer that can play ROMs...

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Matt140 said:
an iPlayer - the only one which will ever, ever, ever support a GBA Emulator.
Like stab said, how do you know some other team won't release a similar card?

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it's possible. Especially knowing those Chinese companies. You've seen those fake iPods and iPhones right? Think of it like that, but a flashcart instead.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I'm surprised there hasn't been an Iplayer knockoff. Why someone wouldn't focus on making that functionality (a GBA emulator with removable MicroSD memory) on the flashcart would probably sell fairly well within the niche market of people that want to play GBA games on DSis.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really surprised because the market for a slot-1 GBA emulator is pretty small.
Maybe if they somehow included GBA emulation while retaining DS ROM playability, that flash cart would sell like hotcakes.

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jesterscourt said:
Actually I'm surprised there hasn't been an Iplayer knockoff. Why someone wouldn't focus on making that functionality (a GBA emulator with removable MicroSD memory) on the flashcart would probably sell fairly well within the niche market of people that want to play GBA games on DSis.
Yea, maybe that'll be Team Cyclops secret DSI flashcard weapon of doom.
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
benjaminlibl said:
DeMoN said:
Maybe if they somehow included GBA emulation while retaining DS ROM playability, that flash cart would sell like hotcakes.
No kidding! I'd buy it. It would probably cost a megaload though.
I'm pretty sure the iPlayer could play DS ROMs with a little firmware update.

Someone should release a similar card, one that could also run ROMs, call it the Homebrew Activator or something, release the SDK, and you have both the DSi and the homebrew market covered.

Gobnoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
okay i am confused.... doesn't the ds already play gba games? why would you want to emulate something it does fine already?...... yup i'm playing advance wars right now on my ds?

Gobnoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
weird.... wonder why they would go and remove the gba capabilities on the dsi? did they add some super awesomeness to make up for that giant deficit? seems to me they wouldn't sell as many if they lost all the backwards compatibility but i guess everyone already has a ds so they must just be banking on everyone wanting whatever features the dsi has that makes it super wantable ?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
They're testing the new features for their next generation handheld. Seeing as how the DSi is selling like hotcakes, GBA support isn't key. It is therefore to be expected that the next console won't have a GBA cartridge slot, but that GBA games will be available for download via DS2-Ware or whatever the service is called.

Of course, those games won't be clean GBA ROMs, to make it harder for pirates to, well, pirate.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres actualy a chinese rip off im suprized i havent seen it online selling it but its label name translates to I-Media(media is written in chinese) its an I player even os and all and yes the gba emu works on it. my local shop had 3 of these for sale at same price as the I player (the box looks the same and all) and for same price just the box was in chinese all over no english so it was obiously a fake. my friend got him to sell him one for 12 bucks (as they werent selling at all) he claimed that was cost price when he bought them over at his hong kong trip. the card was indeed a iplayer rip offf all works the same but has a bit of slowdown compared to original one. im sure cheap chips. I got my I player for 20 bucks (traded a DS game i bought for that price for it) off a guy at the store and use it for gba on the dsi. if the rip offs come online they arent such a good option just to save a few bucks as i dount they will sell them at low prices like the r4.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damedus said:
theres actualy a chinese rip off im suprized i havent seen it online selling it but its label name translates to I-Media(media is written in chinese) its an I player even os and all and yes the gba emu works on it. my local shop had 3 of these for sale at same price as the I player (the box looks the same and all) and for same price just the box was in chinese all over no english so it was obiously a fake. my friend got him to sell him one for 12 bucks (as they werent selling at all) he claimed that was cost price when he bought them over at his hong kong trip. the card was indeed a iplayer rip offf all works the same but has a bit of slowdown compared to original one. im sure cheap chips. I got my I player for 20 bucks (traded a DS game i bought for that price for it) off a guy at the store and use it for gba on the dsi. if the rip offs come online they arent such a good option just to save a few bucks as i dount they will sell them at low prices like the r4.
If it can play ROMs, I'll see if I can pick one up when I go to Hong Kong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: