GCN Best Gamecube Modchip?

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you can softmod the console (like swaping with the magic swap in the PS2), you need either a PSO Ep I&II with a Broadband adaptor OR a Max Drive PRO. (and it makes wonders)

CorruptJon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I saw one of those SD card adapters on Ebay for $50 + I would need an action replay also so that option would be out of the question..

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can get a Qoob SX for around 30 bucks....thats what I have and its great
biggrin.gif
Or if you are really cheap, you could get a Ninjamod. They're 19.99 at divineo.....that's where I got my modded GC case from.

CorruptJon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can softmod the console (like swaping with the magic swap in the PS2), you need either a PSO Ep I&II with a Broadband adaptor OR a Max Drive PRO. (and it makes wonders)

I can get the Max Drive PRO but does it really work like a Magic Swap for PS2? (put in the disk, boot it, then put in the backup game?)

jon_jon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Max Drive Pro is probably more than your $30 budget, but you won't have to solder. You can only get it from one source and they used to be on back-order for a while in the past. I don't know they well they handle multi-disc games, although there are only a few multi-disc games.

Viper is probably one of the more expensive chips along with the Qoob Pro. As others have mentioned, the Xeno, Duo and Qoob SX are excellent options. The Xeno and Duo are not upgradeable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1