Hacking Best Flash Cart: In Terms Of Compatibility

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's funny how everyone likes the Acekard. It's cheap.
It's a cheap piece of crap. The software is commonly updated.. yes.. but the software is not that great. It really isn't.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
houseonfire said:
It's a cheap piece of crap. The software is commonly updated.. yes.. but the software is not that great. It really isn't.

you're right. it's crap.

fuck the acekard. piece of shit!!!!

Sabregod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lolzed said:
btw leetmod seems to be selling legit ones,guess you'll find out when you put AKAIO on it

Are you sure
unsure.gif

cman1783

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
houseonfire said:

YOU are the one who is a piece of crap. While everybody else was waiting to play Pokemon HG/SS without freezing, AceKard users were playing properly.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cman1783 said:
houseonfire said:

YOU are the one who is a piece of crap. While everybody else was waiting to play Pokemon HG/SS without freezing, AceKard users were playing properly.
So were CycloDS users
wink.gif

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
I own a EZ Flash Vi (805) firmware v12 and kernel 2.0 RC14.
It has not failed to launch any of the games i tried that is supported by the kernel.
Some new games may work, but you never know what kind of AP is included with the game, so its best to wait for a proper fix.

Also the 805 version of the card works with NDSi XL as long as you update the firmware to v15 on a NDS Lite or Phat.
Fix for 705 cards is being worked on by the EZ Flash team.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
houseonfire said:
What fucking software does other flashcarts offer more?

RTS? loool who the hell wants that crap, perhaps cheaters beacuse the games just too hard for them to handle?
yaywii.gif

Slow motion? yeh what exactly you wana do with that?
closedeyes.gif

By the way, AKAIO has the capability of supporting RTS, just that normmat doesn't fucking like the feature. He loves playing his games fairly
rolleyes.gif

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
heartgold said:
houseonfire said:

RTS? loool who the hell wants that crap, perhaps cheaters beacuse the games just too hard for them to handle?
yaywii.gif

closedeyes.gif

By the way, AKAIO has the capability of supporting RTS, just that normmat doesn't fucking like the feature. He loves playing his games fairly
rolleyes.gif
you be butthurt

[waitforhate]In terms of compatibility it would have to be CycloDS[/waitforhate]

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
houseonfire said:
It's a cheap piece of crap.

I am leaning to this line of thinking now too!

After just having 2 of my acekards spring mechanisms failing on me and making these 2 acekards inoperable, 1 of these were recently delivered so the spring mechanism failed even before i used the damn thing, anyway this 1 can be returned.

What with the clones and now this with the actual build quality of the acekard, i feel i can no longer support this card and will no longer recommend it to anyone.

It's a great shame that an awesome firmware like AKAIO is let down by such a shoddy built cart.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
luke_c said:
heartgold said:
houseonfire said:

yaywii.gif

closedeyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
you be butthurt

[waitforhate]In terms of compatibility it would have to be CycloDS[/waitforhate]

Well... In terms of Compability... AAAND update speed it is Acekard 2i or CycloDS Evo

For me last struggle was like this:
CycloDS updated for Warioware
FUCK YEAH, testing it.

Acekard updated for Warioware AND Shin Megami tensei: Strange Journey
My face:

Both of those at moment (From acekard 2i's point, that is thanks to normatt, while CycloDS own team is the one doing the compability updates fast) are best in terms of SPEEDY patches and total compability (to say, that M3 got their heartgold patch last week or so)

I won't comment on the UI since CycloDS'es (inferior) UI is gonna be updated so I am to see how that goes against the comfort acekard has been offering me a while.

(I never used slow motion and ingame text reader, but I did use RTS... ONLY in phoenix wright games)

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Best bet if you got a Ds Lite go for Cyclods Evo or the Edge card plays every game to date plus great firmware updates.

If you got a Dsi go for ak2i or IEdge, once again great firmwares from both teams.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyclo works on new games much of the time without having to update. The same can't be said for the Acekard. It has no clean mode.

Snappo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
Cyclo works on new games much of the time without having to update. The same can't be said for the Acekard. It has no clean mode.
Its pretty much only the Supercard and Cyclo that have clean mode, isn't it?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
taken said:
Best bet if you got a Ds Lite go for Cyclods Evo or the Edge card plays every game to date plus great firmware updates.

If you got a Dsi go for ak2i or IEdge, once again great firmwares from both teams.

Your logic is failing on me...

"Get CycloDS or Bad CycloDS clone that updates weeks AFTER the official update of Cyclo comes out"

... for DS lite Acekard 2i is as viable as for DSi

As for DSlite it is CycloDS of acekard 2i and for DSi M3i or Acekard 2i (actually for DSi it is better with M3i since it can be updated via cable if new DSi securities come around)

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
heartgold said:
houseonfire said:

yaywii.gif

closedeyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
I bet if akAIO got RTS you would use but you say you wouldn't because of ignorant fanboyism.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
TheChosenBanana said:
dorian7890 said:
TheChosenBanana said:
dorian7890 said:
TheChosenBanana said:
Acekard2i,I think a new official firmware update will be soon to fix HG/SS.
It's already been fixed in akaio 1.6
does it work with Wi-Fi and without any freezes?
I didn't yet try the wi-fi, but it is now compatible with the wii and I haven't had any freezes yet using the latest firmware
let me know if it works on Wi-Fi cause I ain't got one.

To say truth; With cyclo Iam already sure wifi works (as does wii connectivity with latest update)

for acekard, the wifi seems to work at least after latest upate. dunno about wii.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Sumea said:
taken said:

"Get CycloDS or Bad CycloDS clone that updates weeks AFTER the official update of Cyclo comes out"

As for DSlite it is CycloDS of acekard 2i and for DSi M3i or Acekard 2i (actually for DSi it is better with M3i since it can be updated via cable if new DSi securities come around)

Well I know the Edge is a clone of the Cyclods. If you can afford the Cyclods by all means buy it. If you cannot afford Cyclods, then buy the Edge which is a lot cheaper than the Cyclods evo.

But the iEdge is for the Dsi. Which the Cyclods team haven't made one for the Dsi.

I own the Cyclo and Edge. Plus I am getting iEdge for my Dsi.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Sumea said:
taken said:

The EDGE isn't a bad clone at all, the 1.9 Update came out right after Cyclo released 1.58 B2 which fixed Pokemon.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So, GBAtemp does not like R4 clones at all but if there is blatant and clear CycloDS evolution clone, THAT is all right; HELL; SUPPORT A CLONE before a original product than acekard etc.

I own a cycloDS and was never OK with idea of someone just cloning it and calling it day, and if it is updated clone that update to your card and call it a day again.

(Plus at moment the cycloDS GUI is not worth it, if you have to get that GUI that is not the smoothest of them all, AND not have any extra features... you would just get a acekard)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==