Hacking Best Flash Cart for $24.99?

c_house

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have 25 bucks for a new flash cart to replace my AK2i. Suggestions? I would be nice if anyone found a DSTWO for that.
laugh.gif

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest AK2i, but you're trying to replace it. Basically, you can get another Acekard, or a 1:1 R4. If you can actually find a DSTWO for that much, obviously that would be better, but it isn't too likely.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only flashcart that's really better than the AK2i is the DStwo, so I'd say just save your $25 until you can afford a DStwo.

Anything else you replace your AK2i with will just be inferior or a waste of money, depends what you're looking to get out of the replacement, games compatibility? Real-time saves?

RedBaron

Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
The only flashcart that's really better than the AK2i is the DStwo, so I'd say just save your $25 until you can afford a DStwo.

Anything else you replace your AK2i with will just be inferior or a waste of money, depends what you're looking to get out of the replacement, games compatibility? Real-time saves?
What about the M3i Zero

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RedBaron said:
RupeeClock said:

What about the M3i Zero

That piece of shit?

I wouldn't feed that to a pack of rabid dogs.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RedBaron said:
RupeeClock said:

What about the M3i Zero
That piece of crap? The thing with flaky hardware, a shiny GUI that disguises poor games compatibility, a lack of functionality, and is all in all inferior to moonshell? Not to mention the general lack of software support and updates.

M3i Zeros are a waste of money, and it has to rely on a brittle USB cable to flash the unit on arrival, so brittle that they may easily arrive dead on arrival.
I had to order a second one just for that reason, when I finally got it working I was disappointed to find it couldn't even handle videos on a DS rom at full speed (Megaman Battle Network 5 DS) and that the microSD card that worked flawlessly on my Acekard 2i, was not good enough for the M3i Zero. The M3i Zero could not even enter sleep mode normally, it would either flicker on/off or just switch off altogether.

If you're thinking of replacing your Acekard 2i with an M3i Zero like I did, just forget it, it's one of the worst decisions you could make.
The DStwo has every advantage over it, it does NOT require an external USB cable to reflash itself for DSi firmware updates, it's anti-piracy circumvention gives it incredible game compatibility, and it has the best real-time saving of any flashcart, bar none.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the r4i gold is pretty nice (based on the designs for the ak2i actel sold by team acekard). it is pretty well built and supports an updated copy of the wood firmware. it doesn't have the scds2/ismart mm extra features but its also not the same cost. if you want a scds2 "like" card try the ismart mm. the ismart mm is the iplayer with a new sticker, sold by a new team, but currently supported by supercard. unlike the iplayer it has larger than 4mb homebrew support and an updated rom loader. the in-game menu works pretty well, i've only experienced minor glitches.

-another world

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
RedBaron said:
RupeeClock said:

What about the M3i Zero

That's the worst card ever made. Get a DSTTi, a "R4i-SDHC", doesn't matter. Everything works better than a M3i Zero.

You can get one for $10 now, it's called "R4 SDHC RTS 3.0".

I can't even laugh about that: M3i Zero is really a worse fraud than any clone or fake card could be.

I have two, and I hope I can give them back to this "team" one day... Worst card ever made!

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Etalon said:
RedBaron said:
RupeeClock said:

What about the M3i Zero

That's the worst card ever made. Get a DSTTi, a "R4i-SDHC", doesn't matter. Everything works better than a M3i Zero.

I can't even laugh about that: M3i Zero is really a worse fraud than any clone or fake card could be.

I have two, and I hope I can give them back to this "team" one day... Worst card ever made!
Just ignore him. Pretty much every single post he's made has been a poor (but too often successful) attempt at trolling. I'm confident he knows just as well as we do how terrible the M3i Zero is.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:
Just ignore him. Pretty much every single post he's made has been a poor (but too often successful) attempt at trolling. I'm confident he knows just as well as we do how terrible the M3i Zero is.
I've seen Red Baron over at Gp32x forums as well, and he's just the same on that board too, incorrigible really.

RedBaron

Trophies
XP
Country
When I had a DSi LL when they came out the M3i Zero was the only flash card that worked so I don’t think they are crap I think they are very good and compatibility was excellent at that time, I could not find one game that did not work and I am not trolling

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PeregrinFig said:
Etalon said:
RedBaron said:
RupeeClock said:

What about the M3i Zero

LOLM3SUCKS
Sure i still use my M3 Real. But thats because i have a custom firmware on it. Thank you M3ConceptDS.
THAT is the only thing thats good about it. back when that firmware wasnt around. and wood. I got an M3 real. (first had an R4)
Sure i liked the m3. But then it got worse. and worse and worse. And i switched back to the freaking R4 that cant play any games. i went and installed YSmenu. and There.
a R4 clone is better then that card. Since their card sucks. They could atleast update it alot. but they dont. so the cart is pretty much useless.
Well. Kickgaming is having an amazing sale. They selling a CycloDS for that price. an an iedge for 14 bucks. Supercard DStwo went down by a couple of bucks. its at 35$ i believe.
Supercard DStwo is so far the best flashkit. Which i recommend. But. you say 24.99$. So...
Lets See.
iEdge ( at kickgaming) 14-15$: CycloDS budget version
CycloDS(kickgaming) 26.99: Fancy card. Is getting a gui update soon and the team has actually been showing good support lately. Sure. not for those couple of months. but they sprung back into the race i believe.
Acekard2i: Amazing. 19.25$ (at kickgaming)

And now for the God of all kits.
SCDS2: (at kickgaming) 35$: Best cart out there in the market right now. GBA emulation. SNES emulation. Everything a gamer can ask for on ds.

The only reason why im talking about kickgaming is because of the major sale.

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MWisBest said:
2nd best only if iSmart MM and DSTWO are tied for first (since they are essentially the same thing).

In a way, but the DSTWO is running 360 mhz and the iSmart MM is running 336 mhz. I ordered an iSmart MM, and it pretty much does the same as a DSTWO. Just cheaper and running a lower version of the CPU.

But if you can't wait, buy another AK2i, an R4, or an R4i Gold. (:

CookiesMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Supercard DSONEi if you just wanted to play Nintendo DS games with excellent game compatibility.

DSTWO built-in CPU just let you emulate GBA games, play some SNES games and special homebrew that haven't been developed..

If you're not interested in those boring homebrews and old games at all, get DSONEi
biggrin.gif
It won't eat in the battery life more like the DSTWO does.(The built-in CPU is sucking the battery life)

IF I'm not wrong, I saw a member post that the DSTWO will reduce 2 hours of battery life when playing games with it.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vigilante said:
Changed my mind,If you dont want to give of much money just buy an r4 compatible with wood r4 like r4i gold(which is like acekard2i alternative but more updated)

I agree completely
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1