Hacking Best Flash card for DS?

TheWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I see topics suggesting flash cards for the DSlite and DSi, but not for a DS. So yeah, I have the grey DS phat from the very first release. What would be the best flash cart to get for that one?

TheWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GameDragon said:
You realize there's no difference from DS to DS Lite, right?
Yeah, I do, but still just making sure. You never know if it would make a big difference.

....I guess I'm just that paranoid.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheWave said:
Hakoda said:
TheWave said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Acekard 2.
Alright, but what's the difference between the Acekard 2 and 2i beside the DSi compatibility?

Build-wise, the AK2i is glued down with 4 pegs while the AK2.1 has 4 clips.
And.... for that it doesn't matter which one you take, right?
Well I would go with the 2i because glue = more stable than clips and in the event that you happen to get a DSi, your AK2i will still work once updated correctly.

EDIT: I seemed to have gotten myself mixed up; it is the 2.1 that has better build quality than the 2i

QUOTE(Another World @ Jul 31 2010, 03:58 PM)
the 2i has a worse build quality than the 2.1. the 2i has contact issues, shell issues, msd slot issues, and msd mounting problems. acekard has never addressed the issues by putting out a 2i v2. the same 2i has been manufactured since the very start. i've used a few that are perfect out of the box, and i've seen more than my share of 2i cards with warped shells or warped pcb cards. both causing insertion problems and contact issues. the 2.1 never had these problems.
-another world

TheWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hakoda said:
TheWave said:
Hakoda said:
TheWave said:
fudgenuts64 said:
Acekard 2.
Alright, but what's the difference between the Acekard 2 and 2i beside the DSi compatibility?
Build-wise, the AK2i is glued down with 4 pegs while the AK2.1 has 4 clips.
And.... for that it doesn't matter which one you take, right?
Well I would go with the 2i because glue = more stable than clips and in the event that you happen to get a DSi, your AK2i will still work once updated correctly.
I see. Well, then I suppose I get the AK2i. Thanks for the help. ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?