OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking either Dead or Alive or Tekken. I've heard Dead or Alive has more content but has subpar multiplayer. Tekken I've heard is good online but a lack of modes offline. Opinions on Street Fighter and BlazBlue are also welcome!

BiGnIcK_54g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have dead or alive it was good at first till i got bored of it after a week b/c no one i knew had the game and online play is pretty laggy.

Reactions: 1 person

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Super Street Fighter 4 & i recomend it but the 3DS USA version does not have the japanese voices & that was a super let down to me, if you dont mind then get it, the game it's a very good port plus have figurines & stuff but that is not so important.

I bought it used & you should get those games that way, they will be half price & you will be able to buy more than just 1.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Street Fighter is quite solid (maybe because it's a 80% port). Online is quite stable, graphics are quite reasonable and has a tremendous character roster. If you enjoy 2D plane fighters this one is really good.

DOA has very good graphics and the 3D environment is simply beautiful. Characters are also plentiful but not as many as SF. Online is not very good and framerate is at 30FPS in 3D (but the framerate issue isn't that bad). Story mode is a complete bore. Still, it's one of the must-gets for a 3D fighter. I enjoyed this game quite a lot.

I didn't buy Blazblue but I heard that it was horrible, still I can't comment much on it.

Tekken has amazing graphics and good framerate (steady 60FPS in 3D), comes with a full length 3D movie. However the movie is responsible for chopping a lot of content in the game. Only recommended only if you have a 3DS XL.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If rumors are correct, there's another Tekken game coming for 3DS.

IMO I find DOAD the best, because the 3D environment (not effect) adds a lot to the gameplay. SF3D comes second, but it's still a solid choice. Both games have excellent StreetPass support, and I think DOAD is still supplying special character clothes via SpotPass.

^ Fudge, I suggest getting that. It's just $10.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The only 3DS fighting game I've played is Street Fighter 3D (also my first Street Fighter game). It's pretty fun (even though online play has some bad lag occasionally), plus at $10 or less at Best Buy or Amazon, it couldn't hurt to try it.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
I own all of them, Tekken has very poor content, great graphic but no 3D mode while playing online. BlazBlue is great, good offline modes and the per pixel 2s sprites looks awesome, nice amount of characters (same for Tekken) but BlazBlue have no online multiplayer mode. DoA have a good but short story mode with cutscene and few animations and as for multiplayer you already mentioned it. SSF4 for the win.

Pip'

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
SF4 = offline has nothing, online has great connection but is often a fireball spam fest, character roster is good, graphics are also good
DOA = offline is fantastic as it has alot to keep you interested, online is often laggy, character roster (and costumes) are fantastic, graphics (and 3d) are the best on the 3DS so far imo.
Tekken = i do not own because fighting games have come a long way since tekken was popular and the fighting is outdated imo.
Blazblue = awful port, if you own a psp then get it for that.

Its basically a toss up between street fighter and dead or alive, both games have solid fighting gameplay so its down to this:
If you want to play online against other people alot - get street fighter.
If you want a game with alot of content - get dead or alive

Please bare in mind they are FIGHTING games, fighting games arnt generally known to have a ton of content so dead or alives tag team and survival and challange mode AND the fact you can view the character models in specific costumes with the 3D and using the gyro to move the viewing angle (for those "desirable" angles) are more than welcome.

Long story short, get dead or alive.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you're really having issues getting past people spamming hadoukens then perhaps playing fighting games isn't your thing.
knowing the tricks to get around cheap shots is the first step to mastery. that said, even if you know how to counter them, it gets old fighting against the same lazy spammers over and over again.

Reactions: 2 people

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
SF4 = offline has nothing, online has great connection but is often a fireball spam fest, character roster is good, graphics are also good

If you're really having issues getting past people spamming hadoukens then perhaps playing fighting games isn't your thing.

I enjoy and play alot of fighting games so i know the difference between tactical spamming fireballs and people spamming fireballs to death because they dont know anything else, that aside, the online IS the only good thing about that game and i feel the OP needed to know about it.

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSF4 Offline is good, you can train with objetives learn combos, get figurines, ultra character rooster to finish the game. etc. Off course if you just like 1 or 2 characters then you can get bored, but if you try to master all characters there is many things to do. its the street fighter fanboy dream come true.

UVERoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
simplephilistine.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Dead or Alive: Dimensions and Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition or both great but seeing as how 3D Edition lacks all the content of Arcade Edition and DoA was specifically made for 3DS I'd go with that isntead. I have pretty crappy internet so online multiplayer is always hit or miss with me so I can't really judge em based on that. I love DoA and it has a ton of content, and again, made specifically for 3DS so I'd recommend Dimensions.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Street Fighter IV is actually quite good on the system minus the annoying autoblock and mild spamming online, has almost ALL the content that console variant had, apart from dynamic backgrounds but the 3D does make this game look really pretty.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get Street Fighter IV so I can play against you, haha.
Just ordered it for ten bucks. Sweet deal.

I originally had my eye on Dead or Alive, but the deal stole me.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Both Street Fighter and Dead or Alive are both quite good.
The main thing I don't like about street fighter though, is I find that the control scheme doesn't really work well with the 3ds button layout, and I found it more than a bit frustrating at times to try to use the shoulder buttons when trying to pull off combos.
I suppose this is a problem with every major console though, as they all just have 4 face buttons mostly. I think capcom really ought to rework their control schemes to work with a 4 button layout. They have done it in a few of their fighting games so far, and I thought it worked fantastic. It's time to bring street fighter along as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: