Best eShop stuff

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Sicklyboy, Jan 26, 2013.

Jan 26, 2013

Best eShop stuff by Sicklyboy at 6:22 AM (1,042 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Sicklyboy
    OP

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    So, 3DS, Ambassador status. Sitting with a $20 card right now. What are some of the best things to get?

I really, really like jRPGs, racing games are pretty good too but I usually prefer them to have loads of car customization options, something I'm not expecting a downloadable title to have.

2. Lanlan

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    What all do you have?

3. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Why not use this list?
    It's basically what you are going to get here... Anyway, Crimson Shroud and Unchained Blades are about as RPG as they come on the eshop. (But Unchained Blades is $30 since it's actually a full retail title, though only available as digital in the US)

Sicklyboy likes this.
  4. Sicklyboy
    OP

United States
    Wow I completely missed that sticky...

chavosaur likes this.
  5. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    These are the games I have:

Sakura Samurai
    Colors! 3D (not a game, but it's pretty impressive and the 3D effect is really, really nice.
    Mutant Mudds
    Bird Mania 3D (it was only 2 bucks and it's a neat little game to pick up and play and drop whenever.)
    Ketzals Corridors
    Zen Pinball
    Xevious (kinda boring)
    TwinBee (better than Xevious)
    Mighty Switch Force

or get some VC games:
    Super Mario Land
    Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins
    Tetris (seriously, I think this is the best version of Tetris available)
    Punch-Out ft. Mr. Dream

Or you can just hang onto it and wait to see what Nintendo says in their upcoming 3DS direct and see if anything gets released as a surprise then. Or you can just do what I've been doing lately and play through the ambassador games. Not F-Zero though because I think that game sucks for some reason. The turning is just too loose.

6. astrangeone

Member astrangeone GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I personally have:
    Tetris (yes, Gameboy Tetris - still satisfying after all these years!)
    Shinobi/Game Gear (never could beat it, and it's satisfying to know that I might be able to.)
    Freaky Forms (it's a great waste of time, and I spend more time building than is neccessary.)

7. VMM

Member VMM Full Hollow Cero

Brazil
    Pushmo and Crashmo
    Fractured Soul
    Shantae Risky Revenge
    VVVVVV
    Mighty Switch Force
    Muttant Mudds
    Dillon's Western Rolling
    Art of Balance TOUCH
    Gunman Clive

8. Sicklyboy
    OP

United States
    Is it worth getting VVVVVV if I already have it for the computer in Steam? It's 3D, too, right?

9. VMM

Member VMM Full Hollow Cero

Brazil
    It's 3D is close to none, and if you're already playing it on Steam I don't see any reason to buy 3DS version,
    unless you want to play on the go.

10. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    Mutant Mudds, Cave Story, Fractured Soul, Mighty Switch Force, VVVVVV, Liberation Maiden, and Gunman Clive are my favorite non-VC games.

SLiV3R likes this.
  11. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    If only I had ze power to move your posts to my thread >.>
    But ill help out with suggestions anyway, with some descriptions.

Cave Story- Hands down an amazing title, good length, challenging game play, an overall great experience. (and a game by the same developer is coming out soon, so get hyped for that.)

Pushmo & Crashmo: Both are really addicting Puzzle games that you'd really burn some time on, and they both allow custom puzzle design.

Marvel Pinball 3D - I'm not gonna lie, this is an extremely fun Pinball game. All the side objectives you can pull off on a simple pinball table, to the theme of Marvel Heroes? Its pretty addicting.

Monster Shooter: I don't see many people talk about this one, but its actually a really entertaining horde shooter. And its cheap too ^.^ There's gun upgrades and achievements, high scores, and its a really nice little title.

Gunman Clive: I picked this up a few hours ago, because Emigre recommended it, and I gotta say, for $1.99, this is a great little platformer to burn some free time on. I recommend for sure.

12. Click This

Member Click This Surgite!

United States
    How is Unchained Blades?

13. Sicklyboy
    OP

United States
    So I grabbed Crashmo and Crimson Shroud, haven't touched the former but the latter is pretty neat so far. I play some tabletops/pen and papers with some friends of mine.

14. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    Then go ahead and touch it! It gets harder after the first load of levels, but even then it's still fun to see how creative these are.

Add this site to your 3DS bookmarks http://crashmo.3dsfans.com/
    Crashmo can read QR codes from the SD so just hold your stylus on a level to download it.

Sicklyboy likes this.
  15. rayword45

Newcomer rayword45 Advanced Member

United States
    Get more cash, these are my must-haves

X-Scape (FPS with some strange mechanics)- This game is amazing. A total bargain at $8. I don't care if you're one of those weirdos with an anti-DSiWare stigma, GET THIS FUCKING GAME.
    Mighty Switch Force (Puzzle Platformer)- Great little game. Not too lengthy but worth $6
    Art of Balance: Touch (Puzzler) - Try the demo first. An addictive game with plenty of content for $7
    EscapeVektor (Arcade?) - Yeah, I can't describe this game in a few short sentences. Go look up some reviews.
    Dillon's Rolling Western (Tower Defense) - Don't touch if you don't like TD games due to repetition. If you do, this game is a blast.
    Order Up, Outdoors Unleashed: Africa 3D and Gunman Clive are all pretty decent as well for their genre. Same with the pinball games and Sakura Samurai if you like Punch-Out.
    Some other good DSiWare would be Mighty Flip Champs, Escapee Go, Flipper, AlphaBounce, Glow Artisan, Starship Defense, Trajectile, Aura-Aura Climber and Flametail. Not gonna list all of the good ones.

And overrated/warnings

Cave Story - Fuck Nicalis. They're the goddamn Capcom of indies, all they do is port, port, port with minor features added (occasionally REMOVED) at an even faster rate then Capcom. Hell, unlike Capcom, they don't even develop.
    But I digress, because beyond that, this is still an amazing Metroidvania game, even after the, I don't know, 7th or 8th port around.
    VVVVVV - Again, fuck Nicalis. This one has removed content and costs more then Steam
    NightSky - Fuck Nical- No wait, actually, if you haven't gotten it before, then this is the best version due to nothing being changed except 3D and portability.
    Denpa Men - I like dungeon crawlers. But if you don't, you may get bored.
    Pushmo - OVERRATED AS HELL. Can't really describe anything else, but you got Crashmo and that's supposed to be better.
    Mutant Mudds - Generic platformer. The main levels are fun, but start off extremely slow and seriously, it's really generic. The DLC levels are an ATROCITY.
    Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Overrated again. It's still above par, but the useless map, annoying backtracking and occasional bouts of boredom don't all work out for the best.

SLiV3R likes this.