nasenhund

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I really love to play the old games of my childhood on emulators.
At home I can use my modded XBox-One and PC.

But what I am looking for is the best way, to have those emulators on the go.
That is what I am using and my opinions:

Game Boy (Color): DS or PSP - Works fine on both
GBA: PSP - Works fine
NES: DS or PSP - Works fine on both
Master System: DS or PSP - I like the PSP's more. On DS the screen seems garbled
GENESIS: PSP - PSP but can't remember the quality (need to repair my PSP)
NEO GEO: DS or PSP - Works fine. Any better suggestions?
CPS1/CPS2: PSP - Works ok. Any better suggestions?
ScummVM: DS or PSP - I prefer the DS because of it's touchscreen
PSX: PSP - Works fine

SNES:
On the PSP it's ok, but far from perfect.
DS-Homebrew... No! (for me)
DSTWO - Seems not better than the emulators on the PSP(!?)
Any suggestions?

N64:
PSP... No! (for me)
Any suggestions?

I heard alot of the Dingoo, Canoo and the Wiz (maybe it is the same!?) but I don't know much about the quality of the emulators.
The Pandora seems to be the holy grale of portable emulators, but it's a bit expensive and it seems you have to wait a long time to get it.

What do you know about those open source handhelds? Which one is the best?
What is the best portable emulation handheld in your opinion?

I would like to hear your opinions
smile.gif

Greets!

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Open Pandora is looking to have the most potential in a handheld emulator, being totally community driven. Of course it's only a matter of time before something comes and dethrones that too. I also hate emulating stuff on my iPod Touch. This is simply because it doesn't have dedicated buttons. I don't even think that iControlPad would save it.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
The Open Pandora is looking to have the most potential in a handheld emulator, being totally community driven. Of course it's only a matter of time before something comes and dethrones that too. I also hate emulating stuff on my iPod Touch. This is simply because it doesn't have dedicated buttons. I don't even think that iControlPad would save it.
Welcome to the 21st century, what are these buttons of which you speak?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Sterl500 said:
Orly? I am pushing yours right nao.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Sterl500 said:

These buttons he speaks of are important.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
_Chaz_ said:
Sterl500 said:

Not to Apple.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
_Chaz_ said:
_Chaz_ said:
Sterl500 said:

Not to Apple.
That's because Apple are NOT a gaming company.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
I also hate emulating stuff on my iPod Touch. This is simply because it doesn't have dedicated buttons. I don't even think that iControlPad would save it.
>simply because it doesn't have buttons
>don't think buttons would save it

Cool logic bro.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Depravo: Exactly.
smile.gif

Urza said:
Sterl500 said:
I also hate emulating stuff on my iPod Touch. This is simply because it doesn't have dedicated buttons. I don't even think that iControlPad would save it.

Cool logic bro.
You must not know I have a second generation iPod Touch. Which couldn't emulate GBA to save it's planned obsolescence.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
@Depravo: Exactly.
smile.gif

Urza said:
Sterl500 said:

Cool logic bro.
You must not know I have a second generation iPod Touch. Which couldn't emulate GBA to save it's planned obsolescence.
Then obviously your first statement is inaccurate.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
_Chaz_ said:
Sterl500 said:

Not to Apple.

I meant when emulating.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
No, I stick by my statement. It's just vague enough to prove I was talking about my iPod Touch, and not the brand in general.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sterl500 said:
Sterl500 said:
No, I stick by my statement. It's just vague enough to prove I was talking about my iPod Touch, and not the brand in general.
You said that it didn't work because it didn't have buttons.

Then you said that buttons wouldn't be enough.

Obviously one of these statements is false.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
Wonderful that you guys feel like bickering. Feel like sticking to the topic at hand?
The topic at hand is the potential of emulation handhelds. If anything the bickering will tell the OP that the iPod Touch is a sub-par emulation handheld.

I really don't see where you're going with this Urza. I stated in a vague and pointed reply that MY iPod Touch isn't suited for emulation without buttons. I even went on to say that I don't think that buttons would save it either. What the underlying reason is, doesn't matter. The point is that none of my statements are inaccurate or false. You of all people (who actually knows his way around an Apple product) should be able to draw the proper conclusion instead of picking a fight over how accurate my statement was. Please, lay off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb