Hacking Best DS stylus?

CrushEmAll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I officially put in an order for the metal extendable ones from Dealextreme. I've heard good things about them on other boards as well. Hopefully I have the same success. I love that Zelda stylus though with me being a huge Zelda fan overall! Too cool! I'd be afraid of using it in case something breaks though lol. Haven't seen any store with the gold stylus though. Wherebouts are those found? Thank to everyone that put in their suggestions, didn't realize how big of a market there is for the DS stylus
smile.gif

kalabaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
reglatik1cn9.jpg

im using a stylus ballpen which is just 65 pesos here in the philippines, its zebra Z5A, or Z7A if you want a thichker ballpen tip... perfect for playing ouendan and eba games

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
philthy said:
What about the one that you can wrap around your thumb? Does anyone have any opinions about that one?
I got one with the screen protectors I picked up when I purchased my DS Lite a few weeks back.
(Though I killed the protectors.. XD)

I love the stylus so much, and I often wonder how I went without it!

Using the magic orbs in FFCC:RoF is so easy with a stylus wrapped perfectly around my index finger!
yaynds.gif

Chedderknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found myself apalled at shipping charges for a hori attachment pen, so I went and made one myself.

DSC00802.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

Pilot G2 07 + replacement stylus = awesomeness, now I can play Ouendan/EBA without the strain

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Chedderknight said:
DSC00803.jpg

why did you deface your poor gold ds lite with that horrible silicon case?!

QUOTE(DS64 @ Mar 13 2008, 03:02 AM) Promo Zelda Stylus, going for 40 bucks on ebay though. Looks tight but other than that ill just use my normal black stylus that came with my ds.
zeldals2.jpg

man, that's expensive, even in british £ that would still be expensive.

Chedderknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Chedderknight said:

why did you deface your poor gold ds lite with that horrible silicon case?!

Cause I'm always out and I actually care about the condition of my DSL, and its actaully hard rubber case, its alot more resilent than those silicon and hard plastic covers. I've also made 3 more of these stylus, 1 for my G/F and some of her friends

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chedderknight said:
I found myself apalled at shipping charges for a hori attachment pen, so I went and made one myself.
DSC00802.jpg

Pilot G2 07 + replacement stylus = awesomeness, now I can play Ouendan/EBA without the strain
Wow thanks, you inspired me to make my own Retractable Pen-Stylus mod with my extra G2 bodies. . . I think I might be fueling my pen spinning addiction even more. . . even though I suck.
grog.gif

EDIT:

Very simple mod, filed the tip of the pen to allow my standard NDS Stylus to slip through.
Added some electrical tape to make sure the spring doesn't move on the stylus. Took the clicker from another Pilot G2 Pen and placed it inside. The Styluswas a bit rough and had a perfect fit into the G2 so I filed the stub a bit so it fit in more smoothly.

Took like 10 mins

~$2 for the pen
~$4 if you count the clicker from my other pen
~Free stylus with my NDS.
~Time - 10-30mins -

=D beats buying one over the internet.

Chedderknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
seriuosly right? that electrical is a good idea, I must go and implement this, haha, probably the only hard part would be shaving the tip just right, but you get faster and more refined with each pen made, my g/f is the final product, while my blue one was the prototype

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland

CrushEmAll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
blink.gif
That Ninja Gaiden stylus has to be one of the coolest stylus's I've seen so far lol That's too awesome. Wish I could find a deal like up here in Canada.

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chedderknight said:
seriuosly right? that electrical is a good idea, I must go and implement this, haha, probably the only hard part would be shaving the tip just right, but you get faster and more refined with each pen made, my g/f is the final product, while my blue one was the prototype
Yeah it was either shaving the stylus to be much thinner to fit through or the pen's tip to allow a standard NDSLite stylus to fit through. It didn't take much just a piece of sand paper and a couple minutes. Actually it was a piece of those Sanding sandpaper. That might have helped the speed. xD

Oh man that Sword Stylus looks pretty cool, but I think my friends will think that it's just a toy sword and I'm just f-ing around with it as a substitute stylus.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol