Hacking Best DS stylus?

CrushEmAll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure where to stick this topic, feel free to move it if need be.

I'm just would like people's feedback on replacement stylus' for the DS? I've had my DS for a few months now and find I don't really enjoy playing games like warioware touched or elite beat agents with the default stylus that came with my console. Any ideas on which ones people have had success with or enjoyed the most? Links to stores that sell them as well would be much appreciated!
smile.gif
Thanks for any feedback.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Real men use their penis.

Nah I just use the one that was supplied with the DS, nothing wrong with it.
Annnd I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be under GBA hardware
wink.gif

CrushEmAll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
moozxy said:
Real men use their penis.

Nah I just use the one that was supplied with the DS, nothing wrong with it.
Annnd I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be under GBA hardware
wink.gif

Woops my bad, I thought I was in the NDS hardware section.
wacko.gif
Sorry bout that. . .if a mod or someone is able to move it feel free to do so.

CrushEmAll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
techforumz said:
I just use the one that came with it. And this really should be under DS hardware, not GBA hardware.

Yes sorry about the error on my part, I thought I was in the NDS hardware section but posted it here by accident. Sorry. I would move it if I could
wink.gif

Thank you for everyone's suggestions though, there are some great aftermarket stylus' that I will be checking out very soon. The stylus that came with my DSLite just isnt comfortable to me but from the few reviews from you guys I will be hopefully playing with a more comfortable one sometime soon! Love the mario one from Play-asia and the Hori retractable one as well. If anyone has anymore suggestions please feel free to post!
smile.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(TheNeck @ Mar 10 2008, 03:53 PM) What about the Pro Battle Stylus?

Check out this review from dsdatabase. I have not used it myself, but i am going to get one hopefully soon.

That one looks really good. Although the review site seems to be down. I couldn't find it anywhere on play-asia or dealextreme, any suggestions on where to pick it up?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using the metal stylus others have recommended. It's amazing for the price. It's been put under heavy uses, and it's still perfectly fine. Feels much stronger than the original, and I really like the extending feature. They won't be leaving the DS anytime soon.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using the ones that came with my Pelican DS Starter Kit for almost three years now. Very solid plastic construction, perfect size for me, with the best tracking tip I've ever used.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/archive/i...php/t-1421.html

pelicanstylus.jpg

QUOTE said:
What about the one that you can wrap around your thumb? Does anyone have any opinions about that one?
Not really a stylus, but I've never really found much use for it.

bastband

Trophies
XP
Country
TheNeck said:
What about the Pro Battle Stylus?

ndslt.jpg

Check out this review from dsdatabase. I have not used it myself, but i am going to get one hopefully soon.

I have used the Panache Battle Pro Stylus for over a year now and it is far better than any other stylus I have tried.
The weight of the brass makes it quite substantial and very pleasing to use.
I have just treated myself to a limited edition silver Zelda edition lite and I think I will have to buy a new Battle Pro stylus to go in that and leave the other one in my black lite....

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CrushEmAll said:
TheNeck said:
What about the Pro Battle Stylus?

That one looks really good. Although the review site seems to be down. I couldn't find it anywhere on play-asia or dealextreme, any suggestions on where to pick it up?

Check out PDA Panache to get this stylus.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best ones I've used are the special Nintendo ones that come with certain games. My Kirby stylus lasted about a year before the tip finally broke (tip never wore down or anything).

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i was using the retractable metal one that came with ez flash v. it felt nice but it did scratch the screen a lot faster than the standard one. it didn't glide over the screen; lot's of friction.

DS64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Promo Zelda Stylus, going for 40 bucks on ebay though. Looks tight but other than that ill just use my normal black stylus that came with my ds.
zeldals2.jpg

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's this one stylus that's 18K solid gold (semi-hollow, though). It's really nice; It's got a plastic tip and has a good weight to it. I use it regularly.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originally, I tried the Hori ones that DjoeNtje mentioned, but the clear plastic part of it started cracking and splitting.

Now I use the metal extendable ones from Deal Extreme. MUCH higher quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol