eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
R4i-SDHC/R4i GOLD wazza difference?
What is nicest?

AK2i is compatible wit 11.00.33? Site says no. But as we are all on CFW...

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
R4i-SDHC/R4i GOLD wazza difference?
What is nicest?
AFAIK, the R4i Gold works on the latest firmware without CFW. One of the problems with R4 is that there are like a million different flashcarts that all look similar but require different firmwares, have different compatiblities, etc.
AK2i is compatible wit 11.00.33? Site says no. But as we are all on CFW...
Yeah, it needs CFW.

Reactions: eyeliner

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, guess R4i GOLD member is coming this way... Or is there any real advantage in Acekard 2i?

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm going to recommend the Acekard 2i until I die, 100% compatibility with DS games and homebrew (like the other carts, no DSi games but there is like 1 total lol), fantastic build quality, the AKAIO firmware is comfy af, not as big a battery hog as the DSTWO (which will destroy your battery in sleep mode), cheat support, no time bomb, and works on a9lh without a launcher.

Hmm works without a launcher? Going to try it then :D

edit : Haha works :D!! Thanks for the tip, was thinking that i needed to install some cia or patch something :)

Last edited by MrGizMo,

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wolfsbane1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use R4i Gold 2016 and it works great. Loads DS games straight from the console and supports emulators, Roms, cheats, save and load states

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I use R4i Gold 2016 and it works great. Loads DS games straight from the console and supports emulators, Roms, cheats, save and load states
That cart likely has an expiry date in the kernel so every year when it expires you have to set back the date on the 3DS (which messes with time based events in games) while you wait for them to release a kernel update. If they don't release an update, you'll have to keep setting back the time just for the cart to work. Not worth saving a couple bucks for.

D

Deleted User

Surely we could edit the kernel so it doesnt do that every year? :P
And I'd suggest a Cyclo iEvolution if you wanted DSi features in DSi-Enhanced games but honestly with the rarity of them, the fact that you cant use your camera in Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 wont affect you too badly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz