Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
If by classic you mean a mindless shooting spree then oobviously Unreal Tournament - it's the pinnacle of that kind of gameplay
The rule n°1 of Unreal Tournament is "if can shoot works". even the Enforcer is powerful enough to take down a rocket launching bastard with some effort, a situation I've never been able to do on Quake 3 Arena.

My vote goes to Wolfestein 3D, is simple, was the role model, is has Hitler and works pretty well. I would have voted DooM 2 or Final DooM but as the levels progress they get more and more bullshit difficulty throwing hordes of monsters at you and not that many ammunition.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The rule n°1 of Unreal Tournament is "if can shoot works". even the Enforcer is powerful enough to take down a rocket launching bastard with some effort, a situation I've never been able to do on Quake 3 Arena.
This is very true and only makes sense. I mean, really, a bullet is a bullet. It may be a small bullet, but if it's lodged in your face, it's still a big problem. There's "suspension of disbelief" and then there's "get the f*ck out" and some games have a problem meeting that golden ratio between futurism and believability, I think UT really did it right.

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My vote goes to Wolfestein 3D, is simple, was the role model, is has Hitler and works pretty well. I would have voted DooM 2 or Final DooM but as the levels progress they get more and more bullshit difficulty throwing hordes of monsters at you and not that many ammunition.
It has Hitler lol. I prefer Doom over it mainly because of the framerate. Doom seems way smoother than Wolf.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Of course...the enforcer did 25 damage, was precise hitscan and had a pretty rapid fire rate. Quake 3's machine gun fired much faster but did way less damage (5 damage/hit) and IIRC not precise on long range either. If you want to compare weapons, I'd compare the impact hammer with the gauntlet. Both were risky to use due to being melee, but the former could instakill someone and had jumping potential, where the latter did little more than tickle someone, making it an effective way to paint a sign on you saying "shoot me please!".

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Definately Half Life...
This was the game that changed my view on games. It had a superb story, which was rare for a FPS back then.
And atmosphere so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD