Best Beginner friendly mod

amadii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Looking forwards to modding my v2 switch (getting a v1 is not an option in my case) however unsure of which mod chip is the best to use (along with which is easier to install), I lack soldering skills however am down to learn how to for this, which method is the best approach with minimal chances of damage to the system and can anyone guide me to potential tools I would need?

apologies for my lack of understanding, as this is essentially my first hardware mod as I usually prefer software mods, (I'm going for overclocking so I'd prefer using the much more effecient v2 chips)

Edit: Alternatively, can I know which modchip is the superior, best case scenario I go to a repair shop and have a professional solder it for me

Last edited by amadii,

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For v2 your best option right now is picofly/rp2040 core. If you can find an original hwfly core clone (silkscreen mv1-7.1/7.2 and with qfn fpga chip, not those V5/v6 with bga fpga chip), you can get that too, although they are out of production since march/april and more expensive compared to picofly. Of course you can use instinct nx chips, but that would be more complicated as you also need to solder CMD/CLK/DAT0/RST wires manually. Same for rp2040 dev boards like rp2040-zero, you need to solder those wires manually as well as the CPU mosfet. Imo just get the picofly/rp2040 core on aliexpress, they might be around $10 more expensive than rp2040-zero but it saves you a lot of trouble and time.

Soldering isn't too complicated for v2, you only need to solder 4 pads on the cpu ribbon cable. If you got no soldering skills, just take it to a repair shop.

Reactions: Astrex

Dankrani

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Heyyy I just bought the Picofly (3€ aprox) and the flex for the V2 (another 2€ aprox).
Now what? I "programmed" the Picofly and have the SD ready.
What and how do i have to install whatever i need?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here