Best backup loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by klein, Oct 27, 2008.

Oct 27, 2008

Best backup loader? by klein at 4:29 AM (1,857 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. klein
    OP

Member klein GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, well I am sort of new to the scene and right now I am wondering what would be the best backup loader? I am looking for one that requires no modchip and is easy to install if one does exist. What tools would I need? Anything special I would need to do with DVD burning?

2. picano

Member picano GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. WiiModda

Newcomer WiiModda Newbie

United States
    Im new to this wii modding i aint got a wii as of yet but does this backup launcher 3 actually work without taking it apart and/or soldering n does it work without a modchip??And do you no about how many games are supported? And im assuming you do need legend of zelda like its saying correct?

4. TerraPhantm

Member TerraPhantm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You don't need to open up your wii or install any hardware. If you've never installed any homebrew, then yes you'll need legend of zelda. You'll need to use the twilight hack and install the homebrew channel, and then run all the apps in the backup loader package. Hopefully you didn't download the recent update that prevents the installation of custom IOSs.

5. klein
    OP

United States
    Is there any way to check and see if it updated? Because I keep my Wii unplugged besides when I play a game(Guitar Hero, not online). So it wouldn't update while I play would it?

6. harryk

Member harryk GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    I guess you would have to try installing new WADs to see if it is updated, as the version name stays the same.

If you deactivate WiiConnect24, your Wii should never be looking for updates by itself. Newer games, however, could include the update in future...

7. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    WiiGators Backup Loader V3

No you dont need to take apart the Wii or install a modchip or any of that.
    You will need to install the Homebrew channel using the Twilight hack, which requires an SD card and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
    Once the homebrew channel is installed you can install the the Backup loader.

This new version has amazing compatibility with games that were not originally out during launch or within a few months of launch ( Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball, Mortal Kombat). Other than that it has an extremely high compatibility..

Assuming you haven't updated recently then you should be good to go.

8. BL4Z3D247

Member BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

United States
    just try to go into the wii shop... if you can access it you've updated, if not it will tell you to update(DON'T) and your good to go

9. klein
    OP

United States
    Any way to undo the update if it does update somehow?

Ok, I found out it didn't update, so I guess I am going to have to get a 2gb SD card and some blank DVDs. Any size I need to back them up? Because I have some 1gb DVDs and I don't think that will cut it.

10. Serpent01

Newcomer Serpent01 Advanced Member

United States
    You need DVD-R which are 4.7 GB

11. kashin

Member kashin GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands

I suppose so, but DVD+R's work just as well.

Just don't get DVD RW's.