Hacking Best 2GB micro SD card yet?

vordul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested PoR with a Patriot 2gb, crashed two times while playing approximately 2 hours. Kingston 2gb (Taiwan) crashed several times over the 2 hours.

Even bottom of the barrel micro SDs play most games fine; if you're concerned about not being able to play the game, buy it. The game isn't exactly expensive.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The weird thing is that when you buy two 1 gb micro sd cards it's cheaper than to buy one 2 gb micro sd :S

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Transcend 2gig in my R4DS. I bought it from NewEgg.com

PoR crashes in it easily, but I haven't had an issue with any other game thus far, and I must have ran over 100 through it. Didn't try Tony Hawk, but I'm sure the slowdown is bad, as it is for every card. But like I said, EVERY other game has been perfectly fine.

I figure that if I run across a game I like, and it doesn't run through the R4 properly with the Transcend, I'll just buy that game....or a new microSD for the R4 at that time.

My card reader in my PC will only read at 5megs per second max, but this is what it rated the speed of the 2gig Transcend at using HDtach:
Random access: 1.6ms
CPU utilization: 2%
Average read: 4.8 MB/s

The results were the same whether I used 8 or 32 meg zones in the test. Since it's slower than 5MB/s, it should be accurate. The graph in HDtach showed a straight line, so it doesn't fluctuate while reading.

I have NEVER had the card corrupt or give my any hassles with reading from or writing to it. So I consider it good enough for me.

Hope that's useful to you guys. Go ahead and add that to any lists that may exist for flashcards if you want.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe you can get one from www.mobymemory.com

Never tried them before. About 40 GBP IIRC

EDIT: i was wrong. Its 24 GBP

Question please:

I'm ordering a Sandisk 2gb microSD. BESIDES Castlevania POR and Tony Hawk DJ, what other problems are known with it and the R4

flanker22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slower cards do have a few other problems...

- once in awhile games wont load up and just have a white screen (several games) Not a big deal since it only happens 1/100 times and once its loaded the game works perfectly

- some games load slower, such as comming outside your house on animal crossing may take 5 seconds longer, unsure but i think metroid hunters may load slower when changing rooms (ive noticed on my card i have to wait infront of a door for a few seconds before it opens but not sure if its normal?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto