OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
( sorry for my bad English )

good day to you all,

before i start with the questions i'd like to say that am new to all of this ( hacking switches ) so do take your time to explain in the answers you give ( appreciate it really )

i have a 6.1.0 FW switch and i hacked it using the AMS 0.7.5 with the SD card method and tinfoil. in the album i have CFW setting,Checkpoint,EdiZon,hb App Store,Kosmos Update,Tinfoil ( no idea what any of these do ) i have been on flight-mood every since i hacked it.

Questions ;

1 - i noticed that every-time i switch off i have to go back to RCM mood and lunch again. how can i make this stick ?

2 - it is safe for me to go online ( not play online just connect to the internet ) with the switch with a hacked FW on it ?

3 - is there any way to move save game files between switch and PC without having to remove the SD card every-time ?

4 - is there a hack for the switch that gives you a cheat list for games and stuff ?

5 - can i run Netflix on a hacked switch ?

6 - what dose these do CFW setting? EdiZon? hb App Store? Tinfoil?

7 - what other useful tools i should have/use to make sure that i dont mess-up my switch in the future ?

8 - i read a lot about how people who dont back up their switch end up in a mess. how to avoid being on of them ?

9 - should i buy the ns- atmosphere injector ? any other useful devices like ns- atmosphere injector that i should know/have ?

extremely sorry for the long post and questions .

really appreciate all your help and time in answering.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - Something called AutoRCM that makes the switch *stay* in RCM even when you turn it off. But I read that 6.2.0 messes it up? Not sure.

2- It's safe to go online, the switch won't remote-detonate or kidnap you. But you may get banned from online play or eshop access or something, so it's probably not safe if you want that stuff.

3 - FTP server homebrew? I don't really know.

5 - I have no idea

8 - Do a NAND backup and keep it safe. Also, just use common sense. Also, don't rush the backup or restore. Let it run, it can take a while.

Everything else - I have no idea

I am not a good source for information, so wait for smarter people to respond.

Also, welcome to the site!

Bl4ckeagle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. yes it's normal.
2. Could be, don't risk it if you don't want a banned console.
3. it's implemented in the new TegraRcmGUI 2.4 under tools UMS SD, but it's like 10MB/s fast.
4.IDK
5. see 2
6.read before asking, there are normally enough information on this site
7. back up your nand.
8. Back your nand up, there are a lot tutorials here.
9. there are also a lot of different possibilities, just read the threads.

read the stickies, this site provides all the information - piracy

Last edited by Bl4ckeagle,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
( sorry for my bad English )

good day to you all,

before i start with the questions i'd like to say that am new to all of this ( hacking switches ) so do take your time to explain in the answers you give ( appreciate it really )

i have a 6.1.0 FW switch and i hacked it using the AMS 0.7.5 with the SD card method and tinfoil. in the album i have CFW setting,Checkpoint,EdiZon,hb App Store,Kosmos Update,Tinfoil ( no idea what any of these do ) i have been on flight-mood every since i hacked it.

Questions ;

1 - i noticed that every-time i switch off i have to go back to RCM mood and lunch again. how can i make this stick ?

2 - it is safe for me to go online ( not play online just connect to the internet ) with the switch with a hacked FW on it ?

3 - is there any way to move save game files between switch and PC without having to remove the SD card every-time ?

4 - is there a hack for the switch that gives you a cheat list for games and stuff ?

5 - can i run Netflix on a hacked switch ?

6 - what dose these do CFW setting? EdiZon? hb App Store? Tinfoil?

7 - what other useful tools i should have/use to make sure that i dont mess-up my switch in the future ?

8 - i read a lot about how people who dont back up their switch end up in a mess. how to avoid being on of them ?

9 - should i buy the ns- atmosphere injector ? any other useful devices like ns- atmosphere injector that i should know/have ?

extremely sorry for the long post and questions .

really appreciate all your help and time in answering.
Your post has black text and is very hard to read on the dark theme. You can use the button in the top right to remove formatting.
1. AutoRCM, but that comes with its own problems, such as not being able to turn the switch completely off as it will boot back into RCM, and due to that the battery drains and it can be hard to charge the battery back up if it drains fully. You will always need a dongle or phone/PC to send the payload, unless you get an internal dongle modchip. I wouldn't recommend either, it's safest just to keep doing it the way you are now and use sleep mode so you don't have to do it very often.
2. Yes, if you use 90DNS to block Ninty servers, not a whole lot you can do with internet access at the moment though.
3. There is a FTP server I believe.
4. Not really. There's a rudimentary memory editor though: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-edit-memory-and-change-in-game-values-nswitchdebugger.512335/
5. AFAIK it connects to Ninty servers, so no.
6. Tinfoil is probably what you'll be using to install games. HB app store is just that, a homebrew app store. Edizon is a save manager.
7. As mentioned, 90DNS is good to have. You should also have a NAND backup, I hope you made one before you ran any CFW.
8. This should be obvious, but keep your NAND backup safe.
9. That seems to be the one to go for, it's better quality than the cheapest dongles but is still cheap.

scroeffie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
any one know wat cluster size the hdd needs ? i know it has to be formated to exfat and gpt but what cluster size ?

Bl4ckeagle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@scroeffie
Depending on the files you we write to the drive.
If you know you will have a lot of small files you can set a lower size, if you know you will have a lot of bigger one you can set it to a bigger size (easy version)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...